I live here too. . .

Hunter POV

Aunt Leah was right, that was the nicest anyone had been to me in two days.

It felt weird. . .

Not walking straight in without knocking. Not being certain of my actions. Walking across to my house just across the way, I walk in and feel the tense atmosphere. Dad has always been fiercely protective of Leiani. "Hunt, whatever you done . . .Fix it, quick!" He simply stated. He is not wrong.

Mom gave me a hug, reassured me that everything will be fine and that Lani will "Come around." I'm not so sure about that. The reception I received from my sister shocked me the most.

"You my dear brother, fucked up royally." Alexa said in a calm but calculated response to seeing me for the first time that afternoon. "As much as I love you brother, you need to fix it. Tell her how you really fee. She needs to know. Let her decide what she wants from all this."

When did Alexa become so wise. Probably some RomCom she had watched. "Thanks sis, I appreciate the support." "Oh, I don't support you. You're a piece of shit. Just pray the parents don't find out what really happened!" And with that she walks away, leaving me standing to the entrance of my room. 

Entering my room I feel the nostalgia hitting me like a wave. My notice board and calendar is filled with either pictures or reminders of things Lani and I would have done together. Everything from our first concert at age 5 to our last school trip to Paris. What an adventure that was. I wouldn't have wanted to experience it with anyone else but her.

How do I fix this? Roses and balloons? A big gesture? Or do I just bare my emotions to her? 

Somewhere between all this I need to study for finals. Set up a timetable and get through all my subjects. I need to keep all my grades up, but that will be hard. Let's try to get focused and work on this study timetable.