Chapter Eight: No Turning Back

A/N: Colton Haynes is the actor for Jackson Whittemore (again, if you watch Teen Wolf, like I do, you probably already knew that, but just for you guys who didnt...yeahhh...) 

dedicated to blackdawn whos wonderful comments hav kept me motivated to write!! thanks a bunch :)

*******************************************************************

“Close your eyes!” Derek suddenly shouted, and I felt a heavy weight descend upon me, thoroughly pinning me to the ground underneath them. What is happening? Oh my god!

“Chris, it’s the hunters, they’re here,” Derek whispered in my ear, and I heard the whizzing of arrows and bullets above me. Derek sat up, pulling me with him, just as Scott leapt down from the top of the staircase, totally wolfed out. He met my eyes, and I was relieved – Scott had come to my rescue even though I hadn’t asked him for help. That was just the way our friendship worked. I didn’t know where Stiles was, but assumed Scott had managed to convince him to sit out this one – it looked like things were about to get pretty violent.  

“CHRIS!” Scott shouted, making a leap for me, but several bullets ripped through his chest, and he stumbled to the right, clutching his stomach and instantly spouting black blood.

“Scott!” I shrieked shrilly, making a move to go to him, but Derek held me back. WTF?!

“Get the fuck off me, Derek, I’m serious,” I growled, yanking my arm out of Derek’s grasp. Looking between me and Scott quickly, Derek suddenly stood up and ran over to Scott, grabbing him by the arm and pushing him towards the back door. Scott stumbled, but managed to trip out of harm’s way.

“Scott, go!” he shouted, then turned and wrapped his hand around the doorknob. It occurred to me what he was going to do a split second before he did it, and so I was able to jump up and wrap my arms around him from the side just as he flung open the front door and faced the hunters, letting out a vicious growl. A blinding light flashed across my vision, and then I couldn’t see anything.

***                                                                  ***                                                      ***

(Flashback: Two weeks earlier)

            Derek and I walked into the club holding hands, shouting to be heard over the music that was blasting. Neon green and purple lights flashed across the room, illuminating the expressive faces of the dancers and drinkers alike in the almost pitch-blackness of the club.

“Wanna get a drink?” Derek asked me, leaning in close so his lips brushed against my ear. I shivered with delight, pressing against his side.

“Let’s dance!” I shouted just as the Wobble came on. Derek grinned at me, his stubble-covered cheeks stretching out and his white teeth flashing predatorily. I dragged him onto the crowded dance floor, pressing my back against his muscular chest and moving my hips seductively against him. Derek growled quietly and wrapped an arm around my waist, which made me laugh. When Wobble ended, it was quickly replaced by Sexy and I Know It.

“When I walk on by, girls be lookin like ‘damn he fly. I pimp to the beat, walkin down the street in my new LeFreaks,” I sang along loudly, spinning around wildly and flinging my hair over my head. Derek smiled, grabbing both my hands and pulling me in close to him.

“You’re going to have to stop doing that,” he murmured huskily in my ear, making shivers run down my spine again. Several male onlookers had periodically stopped and asked me for my number or if I would dance with them, and with each one Derek had gotten more and more irritated. I, of course, had found this hilarious and had been dancing as provocatively as possible in the hopes that Derek would finally snap and do something extreme (like maybe pull me up to the front and declare me as his girlfriend? Just throwing that out there). So far, no luck.