Audition Tape #14 - Vontavius Brown

It takes a few seconds for the initial sea of white noise and garbled sounds to pass, revealing a portion of a large basement. Two identical beige couches parallel one another, each one pressed against a side wall. A brown coffee table composed of smooth wood and glossy stone sits between them. Against the back wall is a large entertainment center, holding up a heavy boxy TV. Hooked up and positioned in front of it is a clunky gaming console, a platform from the previous generation. To the left of the entertainment center is a bulky, wooden shelving unit stocked full of DVDs and CDs.

A male teenager of dark complexion, tall and well-built, strides into view. On him is a dark gray, sleeveless tank top, loosely attached to his frame. Pierced in his left ear is a small gold hoop earring. Tattooed upon his right shoulder is an ankh with a scarab embedded in its loop. Prussian-blue basketball shorts cut off before reaching his knees, the baggy hem black. On both pant legs, the color spikes up the outer thigh. For footwear, sports shoes to match the shorts. It's curly atop his high top fade and his eyes are a lively red.

"Is it recording?" he asks with uncertainty, glances directed at someone offscreen.

"Uhh... yep," replies a stoic male voice from outside the camera's peripherals.

"Nice," the beefy young man gives a thumbs-up. "Thanks."

"Mhm. Just remember to let me edit it before you send it in," the unseen individual instructs with parting footsteps. The one in basketball shorts faces the camera.

"Yo! Blackichan28 AKA Vontavius here. I'm calling you out, Total Drama! I'm daring you guys to choose me. I can gel with most people, and you can bet your asses I can take on those I don't gel with. I'm always up for a challenge. I've been in several sports, still in a couple of 'em, and I'm ready to have my physical skills tested. My time on your show will help me make an important decision for later in life," he ambiguously explains, flexing his muscles. It's evident he's not lying about his physical activities.

"These are what will keep me alive out there," he adds. Having finished his flexing, the room is quickly suffocated by silence. Vontavius stands there, scratching his head and chin as he tries to think of what else to say.

"Are you done or... what?" audibly returns the other boy.

"I was trying to think of more shit to say," he dryly chuckles, shrugging off the embarrassment. "That's all I have. Back to the game!" he shouts, jumping onto the rightmost couch. He picks up the controller already laid there and resumes playing a sports game.

"You seriously couldn't stop the recording yourself?" sighs the other guy. "Whatever," he scoffs, presumably the one to terminate the recording.

The screen cuts to a swarming mass of grey and white pixels overlaying one another, jumbling ceaselessly. It seems as if nothing about this footage was edited before it was sent in.

=== AUDITION END ===

An external link is available for viewing Vontavius's sprite.
4/9/24 UPDATE - Provided a link to Vontavius's sprite.