Audition Tape #1 - Zane Lang

Sporadic bursts of electrical static occur until ceasing fully. What's seeable after is a brightly lit bedroom, its atmosphere heavy with positivity that can be felt through the camera's lenses. Posters of popular 80s bands and other musical talents from the time can be spotted on the walls within the shot.

A teen boy with blond spiky hair comes twirling into view. On him is a puffy purple jacket with white sleeves, and a black and purple checkered flannel tee hidden underneath. The twirling stops once he's facing the camera. The boy's smile stretches for miles on end and he's got on a pair of heart-shaped spectacles with rose-colored lenses. He throws his arms up into the air with glee.

"Hey, hey! Hello, hello!" he greets with a thick German accent. "Total Drama, I am Zane and I want you to know that I've put much thought into zis! I've analyzed zis over and over, and I can surely say that it's a match! Ja! I am a match for your cast! Know what else is a match?" he asks, taking off his heart-shaped glasses and flicking them to the other end of the room.

Out of nowhere, a photo is in his hand and is front and center of the camera. It's a picture of an old man and an old lady on a park bench together, feeding a gathering of various birds.

"Zis elderly couple! All I needed to do was give ze gentlemanly widower a push onto ze right path and look where it lead! Newfound love and happiness, even at his age! Even elderly people can be shy and unsure of things. All ze more reasons to respect them, ja?"

He proceeds to pick up the camera and rotate it to face a massive wall absolutely cluttered with pictures and paper hearts. It even extends onto the ceiling. All the pictures are of joyous people, presumably couples. Every. Single. Picture.

"Zis elderly pair will join ze rest of these successful couples. They, too, will be happy and in love. Total Drama, I will make your audience fall in love with your show! I'd adore nothing more than that honor. Oh, and I can find matches for ze other contestants, too!" Again, the camera is turned his way.

"Let me help spread love all around! Happy people are what I want to see all around me! Anybody can find love. Some people just need ze right direction to find it," he sports a big, heartwarming grin. "And creating bonds is just what I know how to do." Just like that, the screen flickers off, quickly retreating to black. The darkness and silence are swiftly swallowed by the electrical fuzz and its accompanying hissing respectfully.

=== AUDITION END ===

An external link is available for viewing Zane's sprite.
1/24/24 UPDATE - A couple minor edits to Zane's dialect.
4/9/24 UPDATE - Provided a link to Zane's sprite.