Audition Tape #5 - June Quintrell

Opening up this audition is a frenzy of hissing static that gradually dissipates, unveiling a bedroom with light lavender walls smothered with posters. The barrage of posters promote a variety of things, including Pokémon, Twenty One Pilots, Steven Universe and varying conventions with their dates listed and more. It can be assumed that the camera is mounted upon a dresser or entertainment center. In the very left corner, barely visible, is a bed with Red vs Blue bedsheets. Speaking of which, the camera is unexpectedly tossed onto it!

"Wahoo!" cheers an individual as they jump onto the bed, causing the camera to bounce and fumble. "Crud. Daen't wanna break 'is. Pa wuid kill me..." mutters the girl, now directly facing the camera.

Trailing down from the top of her head, nothing below her waist is within frame. Her current getup is that of a Pokémon protagonist, a traveling companion of the main character's. Tied around her head is a red bandana. Designed upon it is a white Poké Ball silhouette composed of three parts that appear if they had been made with shape cutters. This redheaded girl stares deep into the camera with grand blue peepers and a freckled face, her smile stretched out wide.

"Hiya! June here, aka Th' Very Best Thir Ever Wis," she references, giggling over it. "Pokémon jokes! Got plenty o' 'em, n'all," she informs, further revealing her Scottish accent.

Despite the comedic material she claims to have in reserve, she proceeds to space out then and there. A shake of her head snaps her out of it.

"...Fit wis 'is fo' again? Oh yeah! Total Drama Summer Camp! Reit, reit," she clears her throat. "So, ah seen stuff aboot yer show oan th' internet an' thought "How no'? Got nothing better til do!". Ah really daen't. Ah canny afford tae go tae any concerts fo' th' next few months, sooo... aye! Nae plans fo' 'is summer! Aye, accepting me wuid be nice because A'd actually hev summat til do. Bored o' being here all th' time. Bored o' th' same ol' house, bored o' th' same ol' backyard, bored o' th' same ol' nearby woods. Gunna go stir crazy if Ah daen't go anywhere exciting soon. Daen't want 'at tae happen, am Ah reit?" she casually shrugs, giggling.

Unexpectedly, her door is barged open and somebody enters. Whomever it is, they are off-screen and cannot be seen. An American football soars at June, hitting her in the back of the head. June shouts out an obscenity, hissing and angrily peering over her shoulder at the person. Like a wounded bird of prey, she begins screeching at them.

"Ow! Patrick, ye jerk! Get oot o' ma room! Who said ye cuid be in here?! LEAVE!"

"Naw! Ye hav t'mek me," the boy eggs on.

"A'll tell Ma an' Pa oan ye! Hey, A'll get ye fo' 'is! A'm in th' middle o' a video!"

"A video? D'awwww! Fo' whit? Fo' who?" he teases and coos, "Ye got a boyfriend or something?"

"Nae! A'm auditioning fo' a show!" the camera is discarded onto the bed. Falling onto its side, it records at a peculiar angle. Patrick's body is partially visible now and it's a sports jersey thrown over a blank, alabaster long-sleeved shirt. Scuffed sports shorts, coated with grass and dirt stains, stick loosely around his waist.

"Oh really?" he snickers with amusement. June runs over, wailing at him. It's clear she's holding back, not aiming to do actual damage. "Aye, REALLY! Get oot o' here! OOT!"

"Alright, alright! Quit yer skirling!" Patrick's voice booms upon exiting the room.

June picks up the football and throws it out the doorway, attempting to hit her brother. "An' tek yer stupid sports ball wi' ye!" she slams the door. Running back over to the camera, she picks it up once more. "Ugh! Brothers, am Ah reit?!"

She puts an end to the recording, the mad frenzy of white noise returning to engulf the screen once more.

=== AUDITION END ===

An external link is available for viewing June's sprite.
5/9/23 UPDATE - A couple minor edits plus Scottish dialect for the dialogue.
4/9/24 UPDATE - Provided a link to June's sprite.