Audition Tape #12 - Isabel Linwood

In the enveloping umbrage lies a gentle glow, a meager flame swaying side to side. This flicker of candlelight idly burns, elevated higher than those below and around it. Dark purple smog creeps up and swirls around the dimly lit room, filling it with an herbal aroma.

Front and center, seated at a table, is a youthful woman in a pristine white cowl, her forearms rested atop and hands joined together as if in prayer. The hood clasped to her equally alabaster robe leaves her face obscured in the shot. What's visibly is only her nose, mouth, and cyan strands of hair spooling out from under her hood. Below her neck and against her upper chest was a gemstone penchant, suspended by silver chain. The penchant's framing was segmented into small nubs, bumps like the petals of a basic and poorly illustrated flower.

Perpendicular to her are a pair of arms on each side of the wooden surface, seen gesturing and scribbling upon paper sheets with small pencils. The rest of each individual is beyond view, cut off by the edges of the screen. Their voices clamor, an excited frenzy getting dwindled down to a hush by an unseen soul behind the camera. Their hands lie upon the table behind a dungeon master's screen, slowly rising as words billow out of the bloke's mouth.

"Isabel the Devout, by embarking on this journey, you find yourself amidst a crowd of randos, hoping to be selected out of them by those in the shadows," they begin. "How will you persuade the suits to accept your audition?"

Bobbing her head back, her Ferrari red eyes are visible at last, each iris ornamented with a rood. The hooded lady beams, her grin warm and inviting. Politely she covers her mouth with her hand, clearing her throat before answering the prompt.

"Expressing my charisma shall sway them, I believe," she responds, handed a d20. Told to roll for a charisma check, she sends the die tumbling. It lands on a 14, a passing roll according to the dungeon master. They narrate Isabel's adventure further.

"Congratulations, cleric. You've been selected for the island-based competition television program," they praise, the others at the table applauding and murmuring amongst themselves. Isabel simply grins gleefully, bowing her head and crediting the Lord for her success.

"Traversing the island's landscapes, giving it your all in the challenges and tribulations before you, you scratch and claw to remain in the competition," the DM resumes, chronicling Isabel's expedition as an epoch. "You desire nothing more than to make it to the show's finale and win it all. How do you fare?"

Again, the hooded cleric equips a d20, jostling it in her enclosed hand. She releases it, tossing it across the tabletop. After slowing, the rolling gives a final stumble, resulting in a nat 20. Isabel's peers shoot up onto their feet, roaring with elation. Speaking over them, the DM announces Isabel's victory, and her prize of a million dollars - in gold pieces.

In prayer once more, she thanks God for his guidance and support. Out from under the table she produces a scepter, a possible Halloween prop of sorts. Crowned with an ornamental griffin figurine, the silver fabled beast upholds a mystical red orb upon its extended wings. Her arms outstretched, one hand holding the staff, Isabel rises from her seat. Her stance ever so powerful and determined, she eyes the camera, keeping hold of her glowing smile.

"To all of you present, I give you my thanks," she begins, the others falling silent as if hearing a crucial speech being delivered, "Truly, I feel stupendous as my hesitance and second guessing have dissipated. No longer is there doubt in my mind about my chances on Total Drama Summer Camp. Shall I be acc- No. Once I've been casted, I must bid you all farewell. Once the season's nigh past, I'll return from my journey with newfound riches and my head held high!" she nearly shouts, hyping up the rest of her party. They all leap to their feet, hollering in stereo.

A medieval rendition cover of a popular pop song fades in, accompanying a quick video outro graphic. It depicts fantasy RPG characters battling beside one another, taking on a dragon, orcs, goblins, and various other hostiles of the genre. Text in an intricate, medieval-like font spells out a message wishing safe travels to whomever watched, referring to them as "traveler". 

=== AUDITION END ===

A visual of this character will be provided here in an update at a later date.