Author's Note: UPDATE 2 (OLD)

Hey there! It is I again and I believe I have much better mental clarity and direction for this story. That of course means there's a lot of big changes and alterations I wish to do and I am here to inform you of some of them.

You see, originally, this was purely a Total Drama fanfiction when I first started Total Drama Summer Camp. Now, it's still about TD, but to a lesser degree. The concept of the show and the game's rules and how it functions will remain, but none of the canon TD characters will. It was a bit tough deciding against keeping Chris McLean and Chef Hatchet around. In the grand scheme of things, Chris will still be used for the plot, but he will hardly appear in the story itself, if ever.

I don't know if I ever clarified the reason for this, but if you had read the previous update, you'll know that a lot has changed since I abandoned this project back in 2017. That is absolutely true and part of what changed was my involvement in the TD fandom, or at least a very small subsection of it. My interest for it has been minuscule to none for a handful of years now and it's mainly because of personal reasons and bad baggage from those times and what I was dealing with online. Basically, I'm not all that into Total Drama anymore, haven't been for a while, and the best way I saw myself being able to redo this story AND finish it completely was to transform it more into my current interests and tastes.

This is where a franchise known as Danganronpa comes into play. If you haven't heard of it, I'd suggest looking it up. It's essentially a series about high-schoolers that are the best at what they do in the country of Japan (or, rarely, from elsewhere) and they are trapped within a school by a sadistic, robotic bear that is forcing them to kill one another. If you have interest in checking the series out, then I'd suggest to do your best to avoid spoilers and to instead look up playthroughs of the first game installment of the series, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. That or buy it on Steam and play it for yourself, your choice honestly. There's a lot more to the series afterwards so it'll keep you occupied for some time.

I'm telling you all this because it's mainly what this story is about now. It's no longer purely Total Drama or even mainly that anymore. All that remains from the show is the setting, the televised game show competition, the challenges and prize for the winner, the name of the story, etc. To sum it up, there's only a handful of elements from Total Drama remaining and that's a big change considering that's what brought all of you here and it's essentially what kept a handful of you guys around. I'm sorry if this bothers you and discourages you from wanting to associate with this literary work anymore. To me, it feels like it's the best way to do the story now and it's the number one way I want to do it. If I kept it how it was and went from where I'd left off, I feel like the progress would be worse off, likely nonexistent. That wouldn't help it out of the hole it was already in and I didn't want to keep it there. I, for once, want to complete a personal project of mine, and I want this story to be "the one", or at least one of them, assuming I complete more of my personal projects in the future.

Wrapping this up, this is somewhat a crossover fic now, but not in the sense most people would expect. Usually those involve characters from both mediums meeting and interacting with one another but this doesn't have that except for... like, once, I think and it will more than likely be off-screen.

As for when the story starts again, it may be some time until then. When it happens, it'll be with a Prologue, not Chapter 1. Chapter 1 will, of course, come after it. Before any of that, however, I wish to do the audition tapes for the characters that made it onto the show. That's a total of 22 of them, so we have a ways to go. Whether I'll do one at a time or not, I'm not quite sure. We'll just have to wait and see.

Until next time everyone!

Sincerely,
                    ~ CBC22