44

Kuan-Yin walked alongside each other talking and gossiping about various things. Giggles erupted between the two which echoed in the halls of the Palace. Audun was fascinated by the architecture, "The design of the palace is very confusing, " Audun gaped at all the paintings and decoration. "How do you get around?"

Kuan-Yin enjoyed Audun being childish since it's uncommon for The Northerners to be so formal. "Not many people can enter the palace so easily unless you are royalty or have special access. So remembering the layout is hard."

Audun ran off somewhere, surprising Kuan-Yin. "Yin'er that smell. Is it that chestnut?"

Audun walked into a garden where the Second Prince was mashing up chestnuts for his Faust Heavenly Snake. She immediately blushed and rushed to go back but bumped into Kuan-Yin.

"Audun don't run off like that!" Kuan-Yin gently scolded Audun, "Second Prince I was able to look for you."

"Me?"

All three of them moved to a pavilion which was covered by osmanthus flower petals, the sweet scent brings delight to the Northern Princess who spun around on the grass covering herself with the flowers that had fallen. The Second Prince was starstruck by the tanned beauty that was happily dancing in the osmanthus, obvious he was attracted to the older woman.

Kuan-Yin has purposely stayed behind them so she wouldn't distract them from having their moment. She had a servant serve up refreshments and snacks for them after they finished. Soon after the two royals came to the pavilion which Kuan-Yin was patiently for them eating the snacks. "I hope you two enjoy each others company, " Kuan-Yin pull out documents from her robe, "But, we will need to talk about Princess Audun's possible marriage and the Glory Sect."

The Second Prince also pulled out documents and placed them on the table. They looked at the location that the Glory Sect were working on, each location had a specific location where all of them had exactly the same distance from each other. "That looks like a really difficult summoning circle!" Princess Audun pointed out

"Summoning circle?" the Second questioned confused.

Princess Audun used her finger to trace a magic circle that seems to be part of the map and no one seems to notice or question it. "This summoning circle is very difficult every if a high magician in my country wouldn't be able to utilise it properly."

Kuan-Yin slightly picked her chin, "How do you know about magic arrays?"

"Oh! you call them magic arrays." Princess Audun shyly bowed her head, "Well, when I was young I was always sick so I studied and research magic circles."

Kuan-Yin took out any piece of paper and laid it out in front of Audun, "Can you draw the magic circle so we can see whether it is of concern or not?"

Princess Audun took a brush and began drawing the circle. As Audun was drawing Kuan-Yin and the Second Prince decided to continue their conversation. "Lately I have been hearing servant saying that my brother the crown prince is working together with the Glory Sect."

"Glory Sect?" Kuan-Yin frowned frustrated, "Why would your brother be working with the Glory Sect?"

The second sighed, pinching in between his eyebrow trying to relieve his headache, "My brother is very greedy, lustful, power-hungry and impatient. I'm speculation is that the Glory Sect is planning something and using him as a way to succeed the throne to do something." 

Kuan-Yin took out a gourd and poured out the contents into a cup, "Drink this. It will help with your headache." Kuan-Yin got up and walked off, "Let's take a break."