26

"You," Uncle stared at Kuan-Yin kindly, "Are you that young girl that came to this forest when you were injured?" He looked up and down to take a good look at her, same features and traits were similar to the young girl he saved. The same personality, similar facial features, similar scents and the aura were the same.

Kuan-Yin just nodded her head, which confirmed his conclusion on her. She was engulfed in a firm chest, "It has been a while hasn't it?" She was at peace with this man as he was the one that helped her in her time of need. She hugged him back to feel a sense of security where she once felt to a man beside the people she was often surrounded by.

~Years Ago~

The same white-headed man who had saved her some life-threatening injuries placed a bowl of rice porridge on the bedside table. His large calloused hand touched her forehead checking whether her fever had lowered, however, that wasn't the case as the fever still persisted to prolong their stay. He pushed the girl up to make her sit upright so she would be able to feed herself and he decided to do other household chores until he heard a loud shattering in the guest room where the girl was resting.

He checked the girl again only to realise that her state of health was declining, cleaning up the shattered pieces of the bowl and porridge. "I'm sorry I dropped the bowl," the girl soft croaky voice attracted his attention, "My existence is a burden...I should leave," she threw the blanket heavily as if the blanket weighed a ton and tried to stand. She was like a newborn deer as her legs buckled underneath her weight, the white head caught her before she would injure herself further.

"Child you are not a burden... you have sustained heavy wound from your attacker," his flat tone didn't convince the young girl and she still thought she was a waste of space, "Here I will feed you,"

Strangely the white-headed man who mysteriously made another bowl of rice porridge out of thin air, he spoon-fed her slowly and patiently. He could help to want to spoil her because he always wanted a daughter, her shy demeanour made it hard to feed her because she wasn't use to have someone caring for her. "Why did you save me?" the young girl faced the stoned face male beside her.

"A child should be cared for and I myself have a son who is older than you," He continued to feed her slowly as if she was a porcelain doll that was ready to break, "He is a cheeky, playful and didn't like to study but he is hardworking and I care for him." The white-headed male smiled reminiscing his son upbringing.

The girl gazed shifted to the night sky where the moon was the brightest, "I always envy those who had parents to take care of them, scold them, love them and carry hardships together," Tears were beaming down her face without her realising, "I wish I had a family that could do the same but I could only wait silently and patiently, I have no idea who my parents are, where I'm from and I had no identity of myself beside my name." She started hiccuping and grieving over her recently lost relative that were slaughtered mercilessly.

"Child let it all out," he hugged her and allowed her tears to stain his clothes but his didn't mind.

"As a child, I had to kill to survive and a man took me in raising me to be the perfect weapon," Many emotions were radiating off her body, "They were soon wiped out by the authorities and I met my distant relative by accident and I was happy, overjoyed and glad. But, they were slaughter and I plan to avenge them, " An overwhelming aura was beating down on the white head without the girl realising.

"Child calm yourself you aura is overwhelming, " The white head was surprised by the sheer amount of aura the girl was emitting.

After the girl had recovered she was taught by the white head with aura manipulation, soul force and cultivation. Soon, the girl had left his territory to travel around the world, "Thank you for your hospitality and I hope to meet all your family members, " the young girl placed a veiled hat on her wispy white hair and then giggled to herself, "I just realised we never introduced ourselves,"

The white head smiled lovingly at the young girl who stood before her and soon will vanish soon, "Li Jun Wei... just call me Uncle, " he hugged her, "Be careful out there, you are the daughter I wished I could have but instead I'm stuck with a childish son who only knows how to cultivate." he released her from his grip and he wished he could continue to look after her.

"I will Uncle, " She opened the door, "My name is Lian Daiyu, " she had soon completely vanished from his life.

Years later he had heard all of the young girl's accomplishments however once he received news of her death he could help but regret letting that young girl leave his territory. If only he could selfishly keep her and marry her to his stupid son all of this could have been avoided. He was miserable his action had caused a chain reaction to himself, his son and Daiyu who sadly already part from this world where the world isn't forgiving to the good people. He sat in the house on the bamboo chair carefully sipping on the hot tea that was burning his palms.

His son, Chen Longwei wasn't a person who held grudges unless it was a solid reason, he sat beside his old man holding a cup of tea as well. His was upset at his son's appearance it was no longer the handsome young man who would play pranks and bring joy to people's lives. His skin was pale and dull, his eye bags was evidently contrasted with his pale skin and his eyes were going lost their gleaming light. He felt it was his fault for this happening to his son, "Chen why do you think all the good people part from this world earlier than the corrupted?" He momentarily waited for an answer but he wasn't expecting an answer because one wouldn't have thought to think about such a question.

"Because when you pick flowers," Chen stared at his father, "Which ones do you pick?"

This question was unrelated but decide to answer anyway, "The most beautiful ones." Then it hit him why his son ask this question

"That's my answer, " Chen then walked away

  N/A: I'm back at school so this chapter is shorter and there or not new facts because I can't think of any. Chapters might be much later than usual sorry.