18

红枣 is Wild Jujube Tea or Chinese Red Dates Tea. The jujubes are dried while fresh and afterwards cut in slices with an optimal thickness for a perfect & healthy infusion. If you aren't familiar with this berry here is a definition. Jujubes – also sometimes referred to as 'Chinese dates' – are small, reddish-brown fruits that have the appearance of berries. Many health benefits of jujubes are jujube tea is a very calming and relaxing drink, Chinese herbalists prescribe jujube tea to patients who suffer anxiety and sleep disorders, it contains lots of antioxidants that can improve your skin condition and digestion, the anti-inflammatory feature of jujube tea is known to protect the liver and kidneys and studies suggest jujube tea can improve immune function and suppress the growth of cancerous cells in the body.

N/A: Jujube actually taste sweet, but by carefully of the seeds if you going to eat them. I personally just cut up the jujube, put it in boil water and have it as a tea, but, I sometimes eat them dried.

•••••

Sounds of groaning people echoed throughout the Jingwei Sect, waking the sick Kuan-Yin. The sensation of burning was gone but it was replaced with a weakness that made the simplest of task difficult. Kuan-Yin slightly coughed from the fever she received from the transition of the Spider Lily to her. Chen woke up and check her temperature by touching their heads together, "You have a fever," Chen got up to bring some food. Susu came in only to see her mistress and Chen were in the same bed.

Susu checked Kuan-Yin's forehead to check her condition, "You go get a cold wet towel with a tub of water," Chen happily obligated and went to the bathroom while Susu went to cook congee to help with Kuan-Yin's fever. Kuan-Yin felt so useless now she had a fever, and she couldn't move much less walk. Chen come back in with a tub filled with cold water and placed the wet towel on her forehead, but it was dropped down her face, wetting the pillow below. Susu huffed in annoyance, "You need to squeeze the water out before you place it on her forehead. Do you ever know how to look after a sick person?" Susu grabbed a new pillow, she took the towel off placing it back in the tub. She replaced the pillow that was soaked, squeezing out the excess water out of the wet towel and placed it on her forehead.

Susu gave Chen the bowl of congee, "Feed Yin'er! I don't think that task will be hard. Also, changed her towel after you finish feeding her, I need to open the shop," Susu left the room leaving the sick Kuan-Yin with Chen.

Kuan-Yin's cheeks were flushed pink, her eyes were drowsy and unfocused, her clothes hung loosely around her body and her messy hair clung to her face. Chen found her unmaintained figure looked the most beautiful to him. "Yin'er, say ah, " Chen was secretly happy to feed her. Kuan-Yin obeyed him and ate the spoonful of the bland congee but she knew that this was the best food to eat if you were sick.  Chen continued to feed Kuan-Yin and she continued to eat what Chen had given her until she had finished eating the whole bowl. Chen grabbed the towel and resoaked it in the tub of water replacing it with more cold water, he tucked Kuan-Yin in the thick blankets to make her sleep.

"I need to cultivate while I still have the Spider Lily in my body at peak condition and then I will rest, " Kuan-Yin pushed the covers off, and sat in the lotus position. Kuan-Yin circulated the qi around her body along with the Spider essence swirling around with her qi. Sweat poured down forehead falling down to her shoulders wetting her clothing, her concentrate was fading but she was resilience to absorb the Spider Lily's essence to make herself stronger. Soon, she had finally absorbed the entire essence into her body giving her more power then she had ever imagined, her original power plus this body's own power made a completely more enhanced version of her original powers. That power emitted a strong shockwave throughout the Continent, every powerhouse could feel the shockwave. Every powerhouse were either felt excited or feared the newcomer that soon was coming up in the ranks.

Kuan-Yin's, Dou King Bronze Rank, she may be considered a genius as she gained this rank at a young age. Chen was definitely amazed at her monstrous speed of progress, "You finally became a Bronze Dou King rank, tell me how many ranks you have broken through?"

Kuan-Yin huffed and puffed in exhaustion, "Maybe 4 or 5 ranks I think?", she racked her brain to remember what she was before, "I was a Black Gold Dou Master, " Chen was stunned in shock as she was definitely a monster, she had risen 5 ranks just by drinking the Spider Lily Flower essence. She was definitely an inhuman cultivator, normal people usually only break through 2 ranks at most maybe 3 if you are lucky. Kuan-Yin's cultivation speed was probably one of the fastest, the most ranks he had ever broken was 3 but if he was lucky he would break through 4 ranks. But, when he was her age he had many struggles in breakthrough as his physqiue made it harder to cultivate.

N/A: Forgot to mention about physiques.

Physique are the foundation of a cultivator to determine how powerful they will be in the future.

No Physiques or common grade physiques are the weakest of the bunch and typically more stronger than a normal person.

Rare-Super Rare physique are one of the best, makes you more powerful then other cultivators but make it hard to cultivate.

Legendary-Godly physique one the most strongest but also hinders cultivation as it makes it harder for the person to breakthrough.

Chen could only sighed in sorrow as she didn't seem to have any trouble with her breakthroughs. Kuan-Yin got up to one of her medicinal cabinets rummaged through her storage of completed medicine. She grabbed a two bottles of pills, one was a clear bottle with pale pink pills and the other was a ceramic bottle and she gave them to Chen, "Here these two item will help with your breakthrough, the pink one is for you to cleanse your body of it's impurities and help with cultivation speed. Use this only once a month otherwise if you are of Dou Emperor rank take two. Because it's too potent to have it any more than one a month otherwise your body will explode with the potency of the medicine." Kuan-Yin was about to explain the second bottle but she stopped, "What rank are you?" she questioned Chen's rank because she never knew.

"I'm at Dou Emperor Black Gold Rank, " Chen replied honestly and scratched his head, "I haven't been able to breakthrough to Dou Ancestor Bronze yet, " Chen sulked in sorrow he had been struck at this rank for 6 months already.

Kuan-Yin's smiled at Chen and hugged him even though she was smaller than him, "You have me now, you can start cultivating now, I can help you, " Kuan-Yin went to the bath room to fill the tub with hot water.

Chen chased her, "Yin'er you are still recovering from the backlash of the Spider Lily! We can do this at a later time when you have fully recovered!" he tried to convince her to come back to rest, even though she was mostly recover but she needs to completely recover otherwise she would be injured by the shockwave of the breakthrough.  Kuan-Yin poured the ceramic bottle's content into the bathtub turning the bath water into a translucent black colour.

Chen grabbed her hands and cupped in his hands, only to see Kuan-Yin crying. "It's just I want to protect the people I care about and I don't want to see them hurt because of me so I try to help them raise their ranks so they can defend themselves and I can't protect them because I'm weak." her emotions were like a rollercoaster, her overwhelming power and fame was the downfall of her living relative that actually cared for her. She had already lost so much of her childhood, her family and her comrades that fought with her. She couldn't bear the heartbreak of losing another person to her enemy, the people who slaughter her family and her.

Chen pulled the girl into his embrace letting her pour her emotions out. Loud echoes of her cries rung in the room and the door busted open, "Yin'er darling who hurt you? I will rip the person apart! And stuff their balls down their throat!" Chu Hua came running in searching for the guilty person. She saw the same man who had kissed Kuan-Yin on the lips, furious with him she was about the attack him. Kuan-Yin stopped her and explained the situation and Chu Hua reverted back to her normal kind self. Chen was scared of Chu Hua as he could tell how scary housewives could be if they were pissed. After, the clear up of the misunderstanding the Tang Siblings went to eat at a restaurant. Kuan-Yin was feeding Hong-li while Chen was being interrogated by Chu Hua and Kuan Bai.