Chapter 19: I'm Here

(Y/n)'s POV

I've been hearing some crashes and screaming in the asylum. It was as if someone was fighting. I hope the heroes arrived here and are trying to capture Toga. My legs were sore from running and I got a bruised knee thanks to my clumsiness.

'C'mon handcuffs, disconnect already!' I looked at the glowing line of my handcuffs. I was growing impatient since it became hard for me to use my hands. I ran down the stairs for the 3rd time. I was hoping that I'm taking the right way to the exit, I've been relying on my gut to lead me to the exit.

'Beep! Beep! Beep!'

My handcuffs disconnected with each other and I couldn't be more happier. I stopped abruptly when on the end of the stairs, Toga appeared. I had no choice but to run back up again.

"You're not getting away that easily!" I can hear her sadistic voice very clearly. She's really obsessed with me! I went to the messed up cafeteria and searched for a place to hide. I had no time and decided to take cover under the broken tables. I wanted to hide behind the counter but Toga had already entered the cafeteria.

"You know what, (y/n)-chan, there's this hero looking for you. He looks quite handsome, especially with blood!" she kicked away a table, causing me to flinch.

'A hero? Does she mean Keigo?' I didn't want to think about it but a lot of horrible scenarios played into my head. What did Toga do to him? Did she kill him? Was his head chopped off like Doctor Hirayama?! I could feel that she's approaching me at a dangerous speed. She's close and I have to act fast. I picked up a broken glass and once she kicked away another table, I threw it to distract her.

As she turned to the glass, I quickly sneaked into a large and broken shelf. I was almost there but a hand was placed on my shoulder. I shivered at how cold it was.

"You really think you can outsmart me with that glass?" I was so terrified that I couldn't move. It was like what happened a few minutes ago, but this time it's even more terrifying. I can't bring myself to turn around, I know she'll stab me with no hesitation. A foot was pressed against my back and I found myself stumbling towards the floor.

I used my hands to support me to stand but a hard kick to my side made me roll back on the floor. I gasped for air and the crowbar slipped through my hands. I stared at the floor, fearing for the next move that Toga is going to make.

"I was going to kill you quickly so you won't be in agony but I guess I'll give you a slow death instead. At least you'll be able to say your last words," she spun her knife between her fingers. Her psychotic grin won't disappear from her face. I barely got to sit up when she landed another kick on my side. I gagged out some blood which made me look away just to erase the image out of my mind.

"So tell me (y/n)-chan, what are your last words?" she forcibly grabbed me by the chin to make me face her. I glanced at the crowbar then back to her. My fingers were close to the crowbar and all I need is to move. I have to get it, whatever it takes...

"G-go to hell," I instantly grabbed the crowbar and hit her hard on the head. It was successful and I was able to wiggle out of her grasp. She fell on the floor with blood trickling down her forehead.

Grabbing her knife, I ran down the stairs and went to the areas that had some moonlight. Now I'm sure I'm going to the exit. The pain in my sides slowed me down a bit, as I ran I felt like I was being bitten by a dog each time I make a move. My lungs were on fire, and I was limping but I still endured it.

'Just a little more!' as I opened the door there seemed to be a figure laying by the corner. It wasn't Toga because her figure isn't that big. It was Keigo Takami.

'God no!' I hurriedly ran to him. His state was very bad, there was a cut by his abdomen and he was bleeding. A low groan came out of his mouth as he cracked open an eye. I put the crowbar down by his side and observed his face.

"Takami - san, s-stay with me, okay?! Don't die! P-please don't die," I dropped Toga's weapon and placed my hands on his shoulders. This is all my fault, I let him get injured and now he's dying.

"(L/n)-chan, y-you have to run."

"N-no I won't! I'm not l-leaving without you," I held his arm for support and hid him behind a darker corner.

"B-but Toga's coming."

"S-she won't." I was wrong to say that. The sound of metal pipes clinking each other could be heard and a burst of laughter. A maniac's laughter.

"Go now..." Keigo pleaded.

"N-no. I'll hold her off and you go run," I pushed the table conceal him against Toga. He whispered some words of plea but I ignored it. I grabbed the crowbar and showed myself to her.

"Oh~ so you decided to show yourself..."

"I-" my statement was cut short when Toga threw me off unto a pile of boxes. The impact wasn't that strong because of the boxes I've landed on. I lost some of my balance as I stood up. As I looked at the girl, the spot I had hit her did quite an impact. She looked like a bloody mess, her hair was stained with blood and so was her clothes.

"Bet you didn't think that I'd be still alive, did you?" she marched on to me as I moved back. Her grinning face held anger and insanity. The girl lost ever bit of her sanity.

She threw random things at me and screamed in frustration whenever she misses. I also threw some stuff at her but she just dodges them and sometimes she catches them and hits it back to me. I was in a dead end and I'm being cornered by a psychopath. I had no weapons or whatsoever. Bringing my hands up, I prepared to fight her with my fists. I'm very bad at hand-to-hand combat so it's no surprise that I'll lose easily.

She attempted to punch me but I blocked her with my two hands. I did my best to avoid her kicks and punches but she was too quick and strong. How old is she anyway?! She grabbed a fistful of my hair and began to tug it with brute force. I screamed and tried to pry her hands off my hair. Finally she let go but I got thrown off to the wall, again.

My vision was a blur as I coughed more blood. All that fighting made me weaker and weaker to the point that I couldn't fight her anymore. I could see her pull out an object from behind and she raised it to kill me. I didn't bother to escape of attack her anymore, my body gave up on me and maybe I should give up on fighting too.

When all hope is lost, a tiny flicker of light will emerge and that light will grow more powerful.

I was on the verge to faint when Toga let out a gasp followed by a thud. A knife was plunged to her back and she fell on the floor. Before I could close my eyes and get enveloped in darkness, I looked to my savior and a minuscule smile tugged my lips.

'I'm glad it's over...'

Keigo's POV

I weakly stood up and grabbed the knife that (y/n) dropped. She had been fighting Toga with all her strength and I needed to help her. She's also injured as I am, only that she got most of the abuse. I followed the direction where they headed and it wasn't very far from where I am. Toga was grabbing (y/n) by her hair and she could only utter a scream as she attempted to remove her hands from her scalp.

The girl threw the (h/c)-nette and she grabbed (y/n)'s crowbar. She raised it up to her head and just when she was about to end (y/n)'s life. I quickly came in and plunged the knife to her back. I know it's not the right thing for a hero to stab somebody but she had done more bad things.

"(Y/n)-chan!" I kneeled and placed my hand on her cold cheek. She gave a smile before her eyes closed, I checked for her heartbeat and sighed in relief when I realized that she just fainted. I picked her up and kept her close to me as I waited for my sidekicks to come.

"Don't worry, reinforcements are coming..."