Chapter 6: Go to Sleep

Keigo's POV

It was 7:00 P.M the food that I ordered had been successfully delivered. I removed the plastic containers and placed the bucket of freshly cooked chicken down to the table. It was still warm and the scent made me hungry.

"(L/n)-chan! Time to eat," I called out. The (h/c) haired girl popped out from the living room. I placed the plates and utensils down on the table. All that's left were the drinks and glass. Unexpectedly, my phone began ringing. I looked at the caller's name; it was one of my sidekicks. I picked up the call and waited for them to talk.

"Hawks! It's an emergency, there's a robbery at a store near your place. One of the victims are being held hostage," I could hear something on the phone besides my sidekick's voice. Could it be fire?

"Alright I'll be there," I glanced at (y/n), who was already sitting on a chair.

"(L/n)-chan," I called out "There seems to be an unexpected turn of events, so my patrol is earlier than expected because I have to save someone who was held hostage. Do you think you can handle your way here?"

She nods.

"Thanks! I'm gonna go now," I took a piece of chicken and headed to the window. But before I could open it, I remembered something.

"Oh yeah! If you wanna sleep you can use my bedroom," I opened the window and flew out.

(Y/n)'s POV

"Oh yeah! If you wanna sleep you can use my bedroom," Keigo said and jumped out of the window. I was going to talk but he was already gone.

'I hope they'll be okay...'

I looked at the bucket of chicken. It was a too much for me to eat so I decided to leave some for the pro. Picking up a chicken, I bit a little part of it. The chicken was definitely crispy and cooked adequately which made me want to savour the flavour longer.

After a lonely diner, I placed the dishes on the sink and the unused utensils back to their containers.

'Now what to do...'

I stared at the dishes & utensils, it made me want to wash them because of my sudden boredom.

So washing it is!

I turned the faucet on and a gush of water came down to the dishes that it splattered on my face I grabbed the yellow sponge and poured some dishwashing soap that smelled like orange. The wet sponge felt weird in my palms but for some odd reason I'm starting to like it...

I never got to do chores for so long and it made me want to do some cleaning. However, since I'm clumsy there might be a possibility that I could break things in here. I turned my attention to the dishes, the sponge in my hands started to drip water into my hand.

'Should I wash it or not?' I doubt that I would be able to do chores properly, especially if I'm pretty forgetful. But there's no turning back, I've already let the running water soak the dishes so it would be unsanitary to leave it overnight.

I slowly took the dirty plate and started scrubbing it with the sponge. The dirt quickly washed away but my anxiety was still stuck in my head. I continued scrubbing till the plate was white and clean. I put it down to a clean space and took the bowl filled with vegetable leftovers. Using my hands, I removed the leaves and sliced vegetables. They all washed off and fell into the hole of the sink.

I spent my time doing the dishes until I finished. It was tiring but I felt satisfied about it. Ok now time to go to bed...

I've decided to sleep on the couch cause I don't wanna be a bother to Keigo. He's done a lot for me and I don't want to double his problems. Before I went to the living room, I took a few minutes of stargazing. The night was really distracting me since I never get to see the outside world for what it feels like centuries.

Stars were twinkling above the night sky, people were passing by taking with each other, some vehicles with different colours, stores that were open 24/7, and the tall buildings. Everything looked like a photograph. Now I felt what freedom is like again...

I stopped staring at the window and headed to the couch to sleep. I snuggled under the pillows and covered myself with the blanket that I found somewhere. Sleep had quickly set in, I was glad that I can sleep like a normal person just for this night.

Keigo's POV

The villains were all captured and I was able to rescue the hostage from them. The heroes and police assisted each other in order to put off the fire. It didn't really take long before they could extinguish it.

I flew back to my apartment and opened the window. The room was dark and cold. A yawn escaped from my mouth as I searched for the (h/c) haired girl. I stopped at the living room when I saw a figure by the couch. Thinking it was her, I silently tiptoed towards the couch to get a better view.

Yep it is her.

The moonlight lit some parts of her face. She was sleeping peacefully on the couch with pillows surrounding her. Her features looked so... innocent.

Realising that I was staring too long I thought about why she was sleeping on the couch. She could've just slept at my room cause I'm supposed to have a movie marathon this night...

Then, an idea popped in my mind. I swooped her body gently and carried her to my room. Her weight was incredibly light! But I guess it's because she doesn't eat much. [If your weight isn't light just pretend that it is]

Using my feathers as keys, I commanded them to open the door. I returned my feathers back to my wings and placed her down to the bed. She moved slightly when I placed the blanket upon her figure. When I successfully tucked her in, something caught my attention. On her wrists were two glowing bracelets, one was blue and the other was red.

'Those bracelets look familiar...' I took a closer look. But I backed away when she shifted her position. Maybe I should just ask her tomorrow. I exited the room and went to the living room to start my movie marathon.