Chapter 18: Saving Her

Keigo's POV

It was difficult to find the asylum that (y/n) was in. I had to ask several people about it and a few of them pointed to a different location, which made me lost. But after flying randomly, I was lucky enough to find the asylum.

I entered the broken building. There was this weird feeling I have as I entered the asylum. Well, it is my first time being in a mental hospital so it's probably normal for me to feel this, right?

"(L/n)-chan!" I shouted. My voice echoed throughout the building. I used my flashlight to light up the dark building. Man, the inside was way more scarier than the outside! I flew around the building, I couldn't walk properly due to the rubbles scattered across the floor. Landing down to the floor, I spotted something disturbing. There were trails of blood, some were footprints leading to another direction.

But that's not the most disturbing part. A person's head was rolling out of an open door, it was a male's head. It made me jump and a shiver ran down to my spine. I thought it was just some sort of prop but it's a real head. A body part of a living person that had been cut off. The body looked like it was dead around a few days or probably at 24 hours.

I can even see the flesh of the man's neck, and flies were swarming all over him. It was truly grotesque plus I can already smell blood from just a mile away before I saw the head.

'This couldn't be the work of the fire, right?' I examined the head. The face reminds me of the Doctor who was on the news that I just watched. Wait. He is the doctor.

"Hawks - san!"

I quickly directed my head to the voice. The voice that I longed to hear. In front of me was (y/n) (l/n) all safe and unharmed. She ran to me and engulfed me into a tight hug. I was a bit taken aback but I hugged her back anyways. Then I got this sudden realization, (y/n) always stutters. She always stutters whenever she tries to speak to me or to anyone else.

I quickly broke the hug and stared at her (e/c) eyes, there was definitely something wrong.

"What's wrong Hawks - san?" she looked at me with those innocent (e/c) eyes. Or so I thought...

"(L/n) - chan, how did you get here?" I asked her, I wanted to know how this plays along. I need to know if she's the real (y/n) or not.

There was no response, just a small chuckle that quickly turned into a manic laugh. (Y/n)'s body turned into goo and a part of her face looked different. Yep, she's an imposter. Before I could even react, a knife was slashed into my abdomen. I hissed in pain as I flew backwards to avoid the imposter.

"Aww, I thought I fooled you good! I guess I underestimated you Hawks - san," said by the imposter, who I now recognize. She's once of the missing patients, Toga Himiko. I got a bit flustered when I saw the female but I brushed it aside. The pain in my abdomen stung me like hell so I had to hold unto my wound for an attempt to stop my bleeding.

"Why are you impersonating (l/n)?!"

"I had use her identity to trick you. Duh!" she went into a corner and retrieved her clothes from a box.

"Where is she?"

She shrugged, "Somewhere in this asylum. I almost had her if she didn't use her quirk against me."

'She used her quirk?' so that explains the burned part of Toga's sleeve. She seemed like she's fine despite the fact that she's bleeding. Her smile hides the pain she's enduring and it was a sign that she's not a type to give up easily. I have to be cautious around her, there's a feeling I have that she has this hidden motive.

"You're in big trouble Toga Himiko. I have no choice but to capture you and report this to the authority," taking up a few feathers, I prepared myself to fight the girl.

She quickly sprinted towards me, aiming her knife to stab me. I dodged it easily and sent my feathers to pin her down. She was quick and was able to avoid my feathers. She did another attempt to attack me but I flew above her and sent another group of feathers to corner her. Some of my feathers slashed her leg as she ran to a pile of boxes in order to get to me.

'This girl is good at fighting...' Toga leapt from the boxes and threw her knife to me. The knife had slashed a little part of my cheek but it wasn't painful compared to the wound in my abdomen. Blood dripped down to my jaw, I used the back of my hand to wipe it away.

"Looks like you're out of weapons," I smirked and used my feathers to pick up the knife. I threw it as far away from her.

"But at least I was able to hit you," she took a piece of rubble and threw it at me. I kicked it away with ease. What I didn't notice was that she used it as a distraction to get a weapon. Her movements were sometimes unpredictable, one moment she'll throw something at me then she has another weapon on her hand.

A part of the ceiling collapsed and more rubbles came raining down on me. I flew away and landed safely on my feet. The dust slowly dissipated and then there was Toga, using three of my feathers as a weapon. I controlled the feathers and used it against her. She was quick enough to let go and avoid the feathers. My abdomen ached again, causing me to lose my composure.

I was too caught up with my wound that I had given an opening for Toga to attack. She landed a punch on my right cheek. Her punch gave a sharp pain and I'm pretty sure my cheek is probably red by now. One of my feathers caught her clothes, I used it to push her to a wall. Then I hurriedly flew to her to restrain her. I took out more feathers and used them to pin her against the wall.

"It's over Toga Himiko," I thought she would settle down and give up but she still grinned and laughed like she had won. She's got some serious issues...

"Oh it's not over, yet."

Once she said that, my legs were slowly giving up for god knows what! The wound in my abdomen was even more painful than it was before. Not only was my abdomen painful but also my head. I felt really dizzy like I just drank a whole bottle of beer. I didn't recall Toga hitting me in the head or did she give me any drink.

She was able to free herself from my feathers as she wiped away the dust from her clothes.

"W-what have you-?" my mouth can't form a complete sentence. I was on my knees, clutching my abdomen.

"When I stabbed you with my knife I made sure to put a little bit of poison in it. Don't worry, you'll get better if you get the antidote for 20 minutes," she took a small bottle containing a black liquid. I wanted to fight and get the antitode but my legs were frozen in place. I was paralysed, and I couldn't think straight because of the hellish pain in my head.

"Don't worry Hawks - san. I'll find your precious (y/n)-chan and bring her here so you can die together!" she giggled and walked away, leaving me behind.

'No! I can't let her get... away,' the pain was too much to bear and my consiousness drifted away from me. I was enveloped in total darkness.

----------------------------------------------

Alright people we are near to the end of this book!!!

Just two more chapters left (I guess) and the book will be officially complete, kind of...

Watching Endgame got me inspired and I was able to make more chapters! The movie was so good yet so sad.