Chapter 2: Exercise

(Y/n)'s POV

After breakfast, I was ordered to return back to my cell. I was bored so I read my book that I hadn't finished yet. There were only a few chapters remaining until I can finish the book. My only hobby was reading and nothing else. At least I get to learn something rather that nothing. The only thing is, I'm staring to lose interest with my only hobby.

I turned to the next page of the book. As I read the first few phrases the door of my cell opened. A doctor entered with a tray of food. But there's something wrong, normally we don't get cake for dessert. The new doctor came to me and handed the tray. I gave him a questioning look.

"Doctor Hirayama requests for your presence at the training ground later. He said you should pack up some energy," the doctor said, somewhat tired.

'How come I never knew this mental asylum had a training ground?'

I nodded, deciding not to question the tired doctor as I took the tray from his hands. So Doctor Hirayama decided to be good for once...

This Hirayama was the guy who put me in hell. He was the one who conducts experiments and would often go overdrive. In my opinion, he's much more of a psycho than the deadliest mental patients here.

I turned away from the doctor and ate the food. For the first time, I didn't taste any bitterness at all. It was like the food was normally prepared. After eating the rest of the food, the doctor lead me to the training ground. It was located inside the hospital and it was quite large. I never knew they could fit this room inside a hospital.

I stared at the place with my mouth agape. Inside were a few mental patients using their quirks to attack some robots. They were dressed with different clothing, like for training.

And then I realised, 'Wait, is Hirayama going to make me use my quirk?!'

"Here, wear these," the doctor tossed some folded clothes towards me. I caught it in time before it fell to the ground. Now the fold was ruined a bit.

"Bathroom's that way," he pointed to a white door. I nodded and ran there, I shut the door and entered an empty lavatory. Before I changed my clothes I thought of the things that might possibly happen once I come out of the bathroom.

Well, this is a training ground so I'd probably be forced to train me and my quirk. But why? Why would they do this at this time? Why not when I was still young?

I grew up in this asylum without getting my body trained. And I never knew how to control my quirk much so there are chances that I could activate my quirk without even me knowing about it. I shook my head to dismiss the thoughts in my head and removed my clothes. I wore the sleeveless shirt and the black leggings the doctor gave me. It fits perfectly and it lets me move freely too. The doctor didn't give me any shoes for training so I used my own shoes instead. Then, I stepped out of the bathroom.

I made my way to the doctor, who was slouching as he watched the other patients train. The doctor turned his head towards me then yawned.

"Ah, I'm glad you made it (y/n)!" an all too familiar voice said. I turned to the sound of that voice only to see Doctor Hirayama. He was grinning, showing off his yellow-ish teeth. I shivered, seeing him was like looking at a demon - he was both ugly and terrifying. I avoided eye contact with him and looked somewhere else.

"Still mad eh? Well, no worries, I'm just here to talk to you for a sec," he said. How I hope it's only for one second...

"We know that you didn't train yourself and your dangerous quirk yet. That's why today you are going to be educated, only that this type of education is a bit tiring," he smirked as he fixed his glasses. I frowned at his statement; I don't like getting tired.