Chapter 4: Trouble

(Y/n)'s POV

My eyes they burn.

I probably look like a creepy beggar now. Due to last night's nonessential noises and the cold environment, I only got about 7 minutes of sleep. The rest of the time was staying up all night trying to figure out how to get back to sleep. Sadly, it was an epic fail. I may not be able to see myself but I can guess that my eyes are probably red and my eye bags are so much visible for the world to see.

I rubbed my tired eyes and stretched my body, hearing a few pop of my bones. Not only am I tired, I am also hungry. I did not eat enough food last night because the doctor decided to give only a few variety of food. Like, does he think I'm on a diet or something?

I got up and brushed away the papers that I had used as a blanket. My palm was starting to itch and I suddenly remembered my quirk handcuffs.

'I gotta get rid of these later...'

For the meantime, I hid my cuffs underneath my sleeves. Now to search for food.

But where?

I can't buy anything or even steal food. My value for justice is too strong.

But what if I beg for food?

No (y/n), you can't. Your pride will be shattered, and who would want to give food to someone who looks like a drug addict?

I'm too hungry to think of a plan. I licked my dry lips and roamed around the streets to search for food. As I was walking, there was a group of men talking loudly as if they own the whole place. Some were laughing like there's no tomorrow. It seemed like a bad idea that I came here so I knew I just had to escape. Sadly, one of them saw me and nudged his other friends. Now, they stopped laughing and stared at me from head to toe.

They totally look like trouble.

"Oi! What's a pretty girl doing in this part of the city?" a guy with weird hair said. They started walking towards me with a smug grin on their faces. I slowly backed away from them. I don't like causing trouble and I can't use my quirk against them.

"Hey, don't try to run. We ain't gonna hurt ya!" one of the male said. They were walking closer and closer to me. I glanced over my shoulder and saw an empty path. I wasted to time and fled off as fast as my feet could take me. Adrenaline started to rush in my veins, my (h/c) hair danced with the wind as I ran to random directions.

Unexpectedly, something had been tied around my ankle. I lost my balance and fell flat on the floor. The thing that encircled around my ankle was hair! I can hear the familiar laughs of several people. The group of thugs were responsible for capturing me. But how? I was so far from them...

"C'mon, get the lady before someone sees us!" a fat guy said to the weird haired guy.

I can feel my feet being dragged. The thugs were cheering on for their friend while I felt defenseless.

"Someone help me..." if only I could shout those words out of my mouth. But my own self is always preventing me from doing something. I can feel my eyes water while I was being dragged towards the thugs. This is the end. I'll be kidnapped by these delinquents and I'll probably be dead tomorrow.

But then, everything went silent. For a moment there, I thought they got tired of cheering and laughing. But when I looked at them a bunch of red feathers had trapped them on the wall. The hair around my ankles had been cut off by the same feather. I took this opportunity to free myself and move back from the delinquents.

I searched for my savior and heard loud flapping. There was a gust of wind from above me and a silhouette was flying down. So many red feathers rained down on me like confetti. I squinted my eyes at the silhouette to see the person's face. The sun's ray had lit up some parts of their body, including their face.

My savior happened to be a guy with beautiful, red wings. He happened to have a visor covering his eyes and his hair was messy but quite enough to make him a bit formal.

"Are you alright, miss?" he asked, reaching out a hand. I nodded and shakily accepted his hand. With his help, I was able to stand up without losing my balance again. And then I realized, I was saved by a pro hero.

"It's not safe around these places. Especially at this time," he turned his attention to the delinquents. They were shaking with fear while trying to get rid of the feathers that trapped them.

"We're sorry for causing you trouble Hawks!" the deliquent with weird hair apologized.

"Hey, don't apologize to me. You should be apologizing to her," the so-called Hawks pointed towards me.

I was about to thank him when all of a sudden, my ears picked up the sound of sirens.

'I can't be seen by them!' I started freaking out. If they find me then they'll probably send me to another mental asylum!

I had no time to thank the pro and started to dash off to the dark alley.

Keigo's POV

It was a good thing I called the police directly before spotting these deliquents. Now, they're on their way to the location I sent to them. When the sound of sirens echoed through the streets, I turned to the girl.

"Don't worry miss, the police are coming their way-" once I turned around, there was nobody. I tilted my head from side to side.

"Where did she go?" I scratched the back of my head. She must've been so scared...

One criminal had took out my feathers out of his jacket and started to run off. But I had quickly trapped him again. I kept a close eye to the criminals, just in case if they try to escape. The police had finally arrived so I let them take the gang of criminals away.

Maybe I should search for that girl. She might lose her way in here...

I flapped my wings and started to fly up. I roamed the empty alleys and flew higher to get a better view. There was a glimpse of (h/c) by a narrow alley. I headed there and tried my best to follow her footsteps.

'Wow, she's fast...' I kept tilting from left to right. And after a few more tilting, I finally spotted her. She had happened to have cornered herself to a wall. I flew down and carefully walked towards her.

She seemed really frightened. Her eyes tell me that she's still scared of something besides getting attacked by a hunch of delinquents.

"I'm not going to hurt you miss," I ensured. But my words still make her move away.

(Y/n)'s POV

"I'm not going to hurt you miss."

That statement was exactly the same thing that doctors tell me. I grew up hearing that and believing it as a lie. Everyone hurts me. No one can comfort me at all.

I backed away until I can feel my back push against the wall. The hero walked closer and sweat started to slide down my face. I hid my hands under my sleeves and watched as he moved closer, inch by inch.

Oh how I wished I can walk through walls...

I wanted to get away from people as much as possible. I always have this thought in my head that everyone has bad intentions and they always plan to hurt me. Suddenly, my head felt very dizzy. Was it because of hunger? Or was it because of the experiment?

My eyes landed on the ground, I struggled to breathe oxygen and I can feel my weight getting heavier. By that time, everything went black and the last thing I heard was the muffled voice of the pro.