Chapter 5: New Home

(Y/n)'s POV

After what felt like days, I stirred awake just to find out that I'm not outside anymore. I started to panic again.

'Did that hero bring me to another asylum?!'

I scanned for any doctors but the room was empty. Then I realized I wasn't in a padded cell. I was in a normal room, only bigger. The bed I was laying on was quite softer than my other bed. The room was also cold which made me cover myself with the warm blanket. As I moved my arms I could feel my whole upper body ache. Guess this is what I get for suddenly training...

"Glad you're awake," a familiar voice said.

How did I not know that someone came in?

I stared at the person for a moment and remembered that it was the winged hero that saved me from a bunch of deliquents. On his hand was a tray filled with good - looking food. It made my mouth water and my stomach grumble. When was the last time I ate again?

"Here, I brought you these. Thought you might need 'em," he handed the tray of food to me. I didn't expect the tray to be a bit heavy but I guess it was because of my low appetite. I stared at the food then to the hero, I just need to make sure that he didn't put any poison on this.

"If you're suspecting that it's poison then it's not," he answered. Wait, did he read my mind or something?

I nodded and picked up the chopsticks. I almost forgot how to use these things ever since I was stuck in the asylum.

"Do you need help?" he asked. I shook my head in disapproval, I wanna be independent for this moment.

Slowly, I picked up a sushi from the small bowl and placed it on my mouth. I chewed it and examined it's taste. Yep, it's safe and totally delicious. I picked up the bowl of rice and quickly ate it. Some of the rice had been stuck on my chin but I couldn't care less about it. I'm always a messy eater and I only clean up once I've finished eating.

"Woah, don't forget to chew!" the hero reminded. It's not like I'm a baby that needs to be instructed. But, nevertheless, I obeyed and ate a bit slower. After eating my meal I felt very satisfied and energised. I wiped away the food from my face with the back of my hand and gave the tray to the man in front of me.

"So, uhm miss, where do you live?" he took the tray from my hands, I kind of felt depressed about his question.

"I-I don't have one..." I lowered my gaze.

"Oh, that's uhm... that's unfortunate," he said. There was a long pause.

"Well, if you want to clean yourself up, the bathroom is just at the right," he gestured and opened the door.

The hero left the room and I looked at myself. I still had the same old clothes that got burned due to the fire. Maybe I should really clean myself up. I slid myself out of the bed and headed to where the bathroom was.

Keigo's POV

I left the room and headed to the kitchen to wash the dishes. As I turned on the faucet I remembered what the girl said earlier.

"I-I don't have one..." that statement kept repeating in my mind like a broken record.

Should I take her in?

I kinda felt bad for her. If I return her to the streets who knows what might happen to her. But I need to think this one through, I haven't even caught her name yet and I'm not sure if she's really saying the truth! Right now I have to help her get better at least.

I placed the dishes on the sink and started to scrub them with the wet sponge.

(Y/n)'s POV

I headed to the direction where the bathroom was. It was hard to find the bathroom because of how big the place was. I stopped walking when I saw a wooden door with a gold knob. I headed there and opened it. The door uncovered a very bright looking bathroom. I stood there with my mouth hung agape, this is more luxurious than the rest of the place!

Well, I couldn't say that the room was really that bright. It's just that the furnitures were mostly coated in a bright colour. I hate bright colours because it irritates my eyes like hell. But I guess I have to endure it if I want to clean myself up. It wouldn't be a bother to anybody, right?

Timeskip, man I really do a lot of timeskips...~

After my bath, the pro hero had given me some new set of clothes. They were big, obviously, but at least they are comfortable to wear. He ordered me to go to the dining room because he decided to discuss about 'Where I should go'.

I made it to the kitchen, where the pro was. He seemed busy at reading something. Then he took notice of my presence and closed the book he was reading.

"Oh, I didn't notice you there, please sit down," he beckoned to an empty chair. I sat down, trying to get comfy. And now I'm in face-to-face with the winged hero. A brick of nervousness wracked my system. I hid my fingers underneath my new clothes, it's a habit of mine whenever I get nervous.

"I'm sorry about my late introduction but..." he placed the book on top of the table and outstretched his hand, "My name is Keigo Takami. But most people know me as Hawks."

I stared at his hand before I awkwardly shook it with mine. The handshaking didn't last long cause I pulled out my hand too quickly.

"Alright, so... about where you're going to live," he paused "I was kinda thinking of taking you in my apartment temporarily. Just until I can find a home for you. Does that sound good?"

I analysed the words he said. So he's planning to take me in...

What did I do to deserve all this?

First, he saved me from a bunch of delinquents, then he gave me food and now he's offering me to stay in his house temporarily! Am I just dreaming or what? Cause if so, then somebody slap me.

Then that's when I remembered something, I haven't got to say thanks to the hero for the good he had done. I mustered up all my courage to speak. The chair moved backwards as I stood up and stared at him. I tilted my body 90 degrees and closed my eyes tightly.

"Yes, t-thank you for a-accepting me even though if I'm a nusiance!" I mentally slapped myself for stuttering. Cracking open one eye, I saw his face filled with surprise.

"Uhh okay, so I haven't caught your name yet. Mind telling me?" he changed the topic.

"(Y-y/n) (l/n)..." I said, although it sounded more like a whisper.

"Hmm, ok miss (l/n). From this day you can stay in my apartment. Just treat it like it's your real home.

I was speechless. I couldn't believe what I heard. So a mental patient ends up staying in the same roof with a famous hero... gosh I'm in trouble. Well let me tell you why, he's popular right? Then if he is, news reporters, the paparazzi and a crowd of fans would trail him. The people who idolise this man would want to scoop up as much information they can get from him. And if I get involved, then I might be known world wide. People might think, 'Oh hey, isn't that the girl who escaped a mental asylum?'

My thoughts faded away when a hand caught my attention. Keigo was waving his hand on my face with a curious expression.

"Eyy (l/n)-chan were you listening?" he asked. I was so caught up with my thoughts that I hadn't heard what he said. Way to go (y/n)... you made a bad impression so quickly!

"I-I'm sorry! I got distracted," I apologised and bowed for the 2nd time.

"There's no need for apologizing. Anyways what I was trying to say, I'm going on patrol later at night. Can you handle the night without anyone here?"

A night without a single person... sounds normal for me.

I nodded and waited for his answer.

"Good, don't worry about diner I've already got it covered. And also..." he stood up from his chair "...just don't try to break or take things here alright?"

I nod once more and he walked away from the kitchen leaving me behind.

'Don't break or take anything. Yep I can totally do that.'