Chapter 8: Danger

(Y/n)'s POV

It took me time to adapt to my surroundings. Every few minutes I kept on hiding on a corner just to get away from people. And Keigo just kept on dragging me away from the corner. We've arrived at the mall. It was much bigger than I expected and there was a lot of people passing by which made me doubt about my choice of going in.

"Let's go (y/n)!" Keigo practically dragged me into the mall. All I could do was sigh and get far away from other people as much as I can. We went to different stores and brought different stuff. Keigo had let me choose the clothes I should wear so I picked the cheaper ones since I don't like being a burden to him.

"Are you sure you're gonna wear that?" he pointed at the outfit I took. It was really simple, just a white sweater paired with jeans. The others were mostly long-sleeved.

I nodded to his question but I can tell he doesn't look satisfied about it.

"Aww c'mon (l/n)-chan, you gotta have a better fashion taste than this!" he looked around, "What about this one?"

He pointed at a mannequin dressed in a (f/c) jacket and a white shirt that has a peace sign. The upper clothing was paired with black pants to match the colours. I searched for a price tag and looked at it. The prize of the outfit almost gave me a heart attack.

I shook my head vigorously and showed the outfit I chose. Signifying that I won't give it up easily.

"Don't you like that outfit?" he asked. There was a bit of a saddened tone in his voice.

'I do like the outfit but not the price.'

I showed Keigo the price of the outfit he suggested and the price of the outfit that I chose.

"Ohhh, so that's why you don't like it..." he ran a hand on his blonde hair.

"It's alright... if you don't want it then I respect your decision," his bright grin returned in his face. His smile made me feel something I never thought I could experience again - Happiness. Unknowingly, I was also smiling with him. I don't sense any bad intentions in this man so I guess he can be trusted.

"Hey, you smiled for the first time!" he pointed at me. I didn't hide my happiness and just nodded while keeping my smile in my face.

"Let's go pay for these now, shall we?" he helped me carry the clothes I chose and we headed to the cashier.

After that, we went to the grocery store to buy the food Keigo needed. I trailed behind him and looked at the food place on numerous shelves.

'They sure make me hungry...' I stared at the assorted chocolates, each with a different brand, all of it looked delicious even if I just looked at it. While Keigo was busy with picking up some meat, something caught my attention. A few shelves away were two people dressed in dark clothing. There were a lot of people dressed in dark clothes but they seemed to be different amongst the others.

Something is not right. I can't seem to shake off the feeling that something is going to happen, I don't know if it's good or bad but I have to tell Keigo. Turning around, I could feel someone else's eyes behind my back. I looked over to my shoulder and the two people were gone.

'That's weird, where'd they go?' I looked from side to side but there was no sign of them. Unexpectedly, all the lights went out and all I could hear were the panicked screams of the people. I started freaking out when I heard a lot of footsteps, like they were running.

"(L/n)?!" I heard Keigo's voice. Several people bumped into me and I almost lost my balance. I tried following the sound of his voice but it was hard due to the sounds of screaming and running. I outstretched my hands to feel my surroundings, I felt blind. I struggled to look for somebody, there was not even the smallest light that I could see. It was only darkness.

My hands caught something, it was hard and it felt cold, almost like a shelf. I stayed by it and opened my mouth to call for Keigo but I closed it again when I saw a blue, glowing light flicker outside the grocery store. Then, an explosion happened. I jumped at the sound and looked at the commotion.

"Fire!" someone screamed out. What did he just say? Fire? Oh no, this can't be happening...

My panic attack returned as I desperately searched for Keigo. The blue lights had helped me see a bit of my surroundings but it didn't help me calm down at all. A loud ringing echoed through the whole building, is that the fire alarm?

"(L/n)-chan!" I heard his voice. Keigo appeared from the darkness with an elderly woman by his side.

"Please help this lady get out of the mall. I'll take care of the others," he hurriedly flew to the large fire that was consuming the mall. I was about to say that I want to come but I have to get this lady to safety. The pro hero used his feathers to save the citizens that fell from the 3rd floor.

"L-let's go ma'am!" I grabbed her hands to guide her away from the burning building. I followed the people that were running because the other escalator was blocked by burning debris. We hurriedly ran to search for another exit. Almost every store in here was being burned down by blue flames. The sprinklers didn't really do much help.

I stopped walking when I heard some ticking. I processed that familiar sound in my mind. My eyes widened when I heard the ticking speed up. It's a bomb!

"What is t-" the older lady's sentence was cut off as I dragged the her away as far as possible. The ground exploded, sending flying debris everywhere. We were affected by the explosion and I was sent far away from the lady. My body ached by the sudden explosion but luckily I only had minor injuries.

But my ears, there's something wrong. A sharp ringing made my mind blank, almost like I was brainwashed. It took me time to hear again but when my mind was working again I snapped back to reality.

"Help!" the lady cried out. Her hand was hanging by the handle of the glass railing. She was slowly slipping and I don't have much time. By instinct, I rushed to grab the lady's hand before she could fall off. I couldn't hold on much longer, my strength was weak. The woman's hand slipped away from mine. I watched in shock as her figure slowly fell to the ground.

I'm so weak... I couldn't even save a single person. A single tear fell from my eye. I closed my eyes so that I could never see the horrible thing I made. I waited for a sound but nothing came, it's like everything went silent for a second. Was I deaf again?

I looked at the lady, to my shock she didn't fall. She was standing on the ground! A flood of relief washed over me and I looked over to her to see if she's really safe or I'm just being delusional. There was a girl with really pale colored hair beside her. She was also looking at the lady as she landed safely on the ground.

'Did that girl save her?' I questioned to myself. The lady rushed to the girl and hugged her, once she let go she talked to the girl. The elder pointed at me as the pale - haired girl turned her attention to me. What could they be talking at a time like this? Suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind. I jerked my head to that person; I was both frightened and surprised when the girl from the 1st floor appeared before me.

Something was happening with my body. No, I don't feel sick and I don't feel like going to the C.R.

I was fading. Don't tell me that old lady hired this girl to kill me! I covered my eyes to prepare for the pain it will cause. But it never came.

"It's not safe here," the young girl said monotonously, "Follow me."

She ran off to another direction and the old lady followed. What did she do to me? Why am I still alive? How did I get to the ground floor?!

"Dear, you have to follow her!" the elder waited for me and so did the girl. I nodded and followed them.

I wanted to thank her but I guess now is not the time...