Chapter Seven

David P.O.V.

~4:37 a.m.~

Tonya's okay, thank God, but for how long? I don't think she has much time left anyway, but all I can think about is Julia and how I'll explain this to her.

I mean, what am I supposed to say? "You're mother is dying?. I was never the type to be subtle and beat around the bush.

It sure was raining hard, I'm just glad Julia was home...I think...Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing her when I left. I just hope she's home.

When I got into the elevator, most of the floor was wet and the button for my floor was as well.

"One of the neighbors must've gotten caught in the rain."I said to myself.

Not only was it raining, but it was unusually cold here.I guess I'm just really used to the warm sunny weather of Miami.

For some reason, the elevator was slow as hell tonight . I'm already tired,I'm worried about Tonya, and I've been near sick people all day.I just want to take a hot shower and go to bed.Julia should be asleep, I just hope she didn't try to wait up for me.

When the doors had finally opened onto my floor, I nearly slipped in a puddle.There was a trail of water all the way from the elevator to my...Door.

Julia was laying against my door, drenched in water, with her arms hugging her legs.

Instantly, I thought, what the hell and then I realized I had a small child who was probably about to get sick.

"Julia."I said as I walked towards her.

She looked up at me with her big beautiful brown eyes.They were puffy so I know she was crying.

"Daddy where were you?"She asked hugging me.She was freezing cold.She was sniffling too so now she sick.Great.

"Don't worry about that...Come on lets get you inside."I said as I picked her up,feeling guilty. No telling how long she's been out here.

I unlocked the door and carried her to her room so she could dry off.Her soccer uniform was muddy and soaking wet.The whole time I was getting her ready for bed, shd was telling me what happened.

She had walked home from practice by herself.Tonya was supposed to pick her up, but given the circumstances she wasn't able to.She said it took about 2 hours to get home and when she did get home, the door was locked.

Poor girl was probably scared our of her mind.No amount of apologizing could make me feel any less guilty about this.

When she finally went to sleep, I felt like I could do the same aswell.

Something wasn't right though...I didn't lock the door when I left, hell I didn't even close the door.

I didn't feel like thinking about this right now. I'm already pissed at myself for leaving my daughter alone and scared freezing in a hallway.I don't know if someone could have snatched up or worse.

I just can't deal with this right now.

I opened the door to my room, expecting it to be absolutely peaceful for a good night's rest, but to my surprise was that red headed whore.

Monica.

She was laying across my bed asleep wearing one of my shirts.

When I closed the door, her eyes opened and she smiled.

"Hey baby, I've been waiting for you all day long."She said sleepishly.

"Have you been here all day?"I asked feeling my temper rising.

"Yeah and you should really teach that girl some manners.She was banging on the door for the past few hours and screaming.Gave me a headache."She said as she sat up.

"You mean to tell me that you knew she was trying to get inside?!"At this moment I wasn't afraid to hit a woman, but I was trying to hold back.

"Hell yeah, little brat wouldn't shut up-"

I grabbed her wrist and slammed her back against the wall, not hard enough to actually hurt her just to get her attention.

"I have had it with your selfish ass!"I said looking her straight in the eyes.

"You can talk shit about my friends and even me, but you don't talk shit about my daughter! Because of your dumbass my kid probably has pneumonia or some fucking disease! Get this through your fucking skull, don't come around me again bitch.Don't knock at my door trying to pin that fucking baby on me because you are a slut, a whore, a hoe and I'm done with your ass.Get the fuck out of my house."

"But-"

I grabbed by the shoulder and dragged her out of the room into the hallway.

I honestly don't know what the hell is wrong with that girl, but whatever it is she needs help.

I went back inside and checked on Julia.She was asleep.

Nyquil really works on kids.