Chapter One

Ow..."I had a massive hangover from last night. But that party was still awesome though. I stood up, apparently I was sleeping in a cabinet in the kitchen."Damn..."Not only does my head hurt, my apartment is fucking mess. I felt something in my back pocket.

"Hah, so I did do a little something last night. "A thong , which I assume was left by Monica, not like im surprised though.

I sighed as I looked at the mess.Half drunken beer bottles, food was on the floor, a couple of the curtains were torn off the windows. Well, at least it wasn't like last time where I had to pay almost a thousand dollars in damages to other people's apartments.

My phone rang."Hello?"

"Hey, David. I had a great time at your party last night."Monica's voice seemed tired.

"that's good to hear, I also see you left me something. " I smirked.

"Oh.So you have those! I"She acted surprised. She knew good and well that I had her underware and I know she slipped them to me on purpose.

"So, do you think I could come over? "She asked in a baby voice.

Monica always felt like she could get whatever she wanted with that voice. I mean she was hot, with long red hair, blue eyes.She was a skinny one, not the kind of body I liked, but still hot. What she's looking for is a relationship and I'm not trying to get tied down to one girl.

"Suuuuuuuuure..."Immediately, the line cut off. I laughed pitifully.

A few seconds later, a knock was at the door."Are you serious? That girl has problems."

When I opened the door, it wasn't Monica. It was just some little girl. "Uh...Are you lost little girl? Did you lose your mom or dad?" I asked.

"No...My mama sent me here."What kind of mom sends their child to my door?

"Hey kid, I'm not a babysitter, alright? So go back to your mother or whoever you came here with."I was about to shut the door, but she stopped it half way.

"Look, kid, I..."She held out an envelope with my name written on it.

"She told me to give this to you. " At first, I hesitated to open it, but I realized that it could be money or something else.

Dear David,

I'm not sure if you remember me from high school, but this is Tonya.The time we had at the graduation party, a few days after you left for college I found out I was pregnant. I didn't want you find out this way, but your her only legal guardian.The only reason I'm leaving her with you is because I'm still sick and I only have a few more months left so please take care of her.

-Tonya

"Are you serious..?"For a second I thought someone was trying to prank me, but this was the real deal. I sighed and looked at her."Come on." I said. She sat on the couch quietly.I assume that she had all her belongings in her back pack because she took out a doll to play with.

I sat across from her with my head on hand. "So...Whats your name?"I asked.

"Julia Autumns." She said brushing the dolls hair with her hand.I see she gave her my last name.

"How old are you? "

"I'm 9 and a half..."She didn't look up, all she did was brush her doll's hair. "Your house is dirty. "Atleast she can point out the obvious.

Another knock came from the door.This had better not be another kid.

"Stay here. "I told her as I went to the door.I looked through the peep hole.It was Monica.