Chapter Ten

Julia P.O.V

When I woke up,I felt...out of place. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

I was buckled in my booster seat and had my pink blanket wrapped around me.

I was in the car.Daddy was driving and he,Aunt Haley,and mommy were talking and laughing. I looked out the window and saw the most awesome thing ever.

The ocean! It was just as sparkly as it was the last time I saw it.The palm trees were huge and tall.There were people were walking down the sidewalk in bikinis and swim trunks.There were also big homes right next to the beach.

"Do you remember where it is David?"Aunt Haley asked as she poked at Daddy.

"Of course I remember...Stop poking me I'm trying to look at the house numbers!"He said sternly.

Mama giggled and so did I.

"Oh,your awake."Aunt Haley said smiling.

"Where are we at?"I asked as we drove into a driveway to a big red beach house.

"This is the beach house your grandparents used to take David and I to every summer when we were younger."Aunt Haley said as she unbuckled her seat belt.

Grandparents? I only had one grandma my whole life.I never met daddy's parents before.

I unbuckled myself and let myself out of the car.Mama handed me my bag and we went inside.

"Just the way we left it,huh?"Daddy said as he put down his bag.

It was big and spacious and clean.There was a big flat screen T.V. mounted on the wall in the living room,the kitchen was connected to the living room through a big window that you could open.There were also stairs that led to 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and a game room.Outside there was a big curvy pool,a hot tub,a couple of lounge chairs and a picnic table.

Was daddy rich and never bothered to tell me?

"Sure is.So,when are we all going to hit the beach?It's only 8 am."Aunt Haley said as she glanced at her watch.

"Later,I'm tired as fu-"He looked at me and at Mommy, who was giving him a dirty look."Im tired...Just tired."He said flatly.

Mommy smiled.

"Julia,Haley and I can go to the outlet mall while your...doing whatever you do."Mommy said as daddy laid across the couch and cut on the giant wall T.V.

"Okay,fine just don't crash the car,I'm still paying it off."Daddy joked as he handed Aunt Haley the keys.

"Oh the one time I wreck mom and dads car!"She thumped him in the forehead."I was 15 and learning."

"Whatever...Ow..."Daddy said as he rubbed his forehead.
---
Tonya P.O.V
When we got to the mall, Julia was scoping out the place for Justice and Clair's.Thats what she always does when we go to malls.

"Oooh Mommy!Look!"Julia said as she pulled me to go look at really cute sun dresses.

They were Mommy-Daughter dresses so she could dress up as a mini me.

We had bought some other things as well.For David we bought him a really cute button down dress shirt.For Julia,I bought her a rainbow bathing suit,a sun hat and sunglasses that she looked so adorable in.Haley bought herself a short strapless white dress and I bought a light blue one to match.

Afterwards,we went to a small ice cream shop.

I got Cookies n' Cream in a small cup.Haley got strawberry on a waffle cone.