Chapter Fourteen

2 Weeks Later

Julia P.O.V

Today was the day they put Mama in the ground.

Her casket was a creamy pink color and there were red roses on it.It was pretty,but really who cares?

This was my very first funeral.

Daddy had his hands over his face the whole time.He kept mumbling the word "why".

It was the first time I saw him cry before.I had a lot of questions to ask him,but I don't think this was the right time.

While everyone spoke to one another,Dad stood next to the tombstone talking to it.

I didn't want to interrupt so I took a walk around the cemetery.

There was a giant tree in the middle of it.It was covered in pink flowers and the petals made it absolutely adorable.

I climbed on to the first branch and sat down.

"Hey."

I jumped around and saw Mason from a slightly higher brach.His tux had a little bit of dirt and there was some twigs in his hair.

"I didn't know you came."I said as I watched him climb to my brach.

"My Mom suggested that we come...So,how are you?"

I shrugged."I don't know...I don't understand why God took away my Mom.She didn't do anything wrong."My eyes started to sting.

"I miss my Mom,Mason!"I broke down completely in tears.

He placed his hand around my back and rubbed in circular motions.It was nice to have a friend like Mason in times like this,but no matter how long or how much he comforts me,I'll never fully recover from this.

After everyone had left,it was just me and Daddy.He kept looking at the tombstone that had Mommy's name and what her relations were to our family.

I looked up at him and his eyes weren't light blue anymore.They were more of a black color.Maybe it was the light because its getting darker.

I took my hand in his hand and continued to look up at him.I wanted him to smile and look at me.I wanted him to believe that I was still his naive 10 year old daughter even though I wasn't.Not anymore.Not since two weeks ago.

"So,Mommy's in heaven now?"I asked squeezing his hand a little tighter.

He moved his eyes to me.

"Yeah..."

"...Mom told me to tell you that she loved you.She loves me and the baby.She wants you to take care of us,Dad."I said placing my other hand on his hand."Even if its just the two of us right now...Will it be just the two of us?"

I was unsure of how my little brother or sister was doing.I hadn't even met them yet.

"Just the two of us,sweetie."He cracked a small smile and kneeled down to my height.

He kissed my forehead and carried me to his car so we could go home.

Without Mommy.

But we had Mommy.

Right here.

I'm pointing to my heart because I have her in my heart.

And I always will.

I love you Mom.

The End.