Chapter Twelve

Tonya P.O.V

Damn...Damn...Damn...

The baby's been kicking like crazy and I'm ready to have this kid so bad.Im 7 months already and I have no idea what it is.

Every time we go to get an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby it's always in a certain position and the doctor has no clue what it is. I suppose it's good that I don't know just yet.

David,however, is just as impatient as a child.He wants a boy and it's killing him not knowing what it was.

It's also been a challenge sleeping.It kicks most at night and loves to sit on my bladder.

I sighed.I was sitting on the couch and the mail had arrived.I know that because there's a buzzer that the mail man would ring to let everyone know that there was mail.

No one was home but me.Julia was at soccer practice.Haley and David were looking at cars for Haley so she wouldn't have to depend on her little brother so much.I would've went,but I was too tired.

After taking 3 turns to sit up on my own, I finally was able to get up.

I waddled over to the elevator and pushed the button to the lobby.When the doors opened, I went to the boxes that held the mail.

It wasn't anything but some bills and a post card from David's parents.That reminds me,we should really take family pictures and send them to them.

David's parents were kind and classy and sometimes eccentric.

Lisa was really sweet and always made sure I was fine.When she first met me she was,what my Mom called a, 'Closet Racist'.I knew she wasn't, but sometimes she would say certain things that sounded less than morale.

Sometimes she would slip up and say things like 'She's a nigg-I mean an African American.'. As if I weren't in the room.

But the more time we spent together the less 'racist' she got.

His Dad took a longer time to get adjusted to me.I don't know why though, he never called me out of my name and he's never been discriminating to me . I'd say it took him about a year to actually think of me as his own daughter.

"Ouch..."I held my stomach.Another kick."You're killing me here, baby..."I said to my unborn child.

I closed the box and saw Monica with carrying a baby basket.There was a blue blanket covering it.She must've had a boy.

This was the first time in a couple of months since I've seen her...What's she doing here now?

She turned her head and started to look at me.She breathed in slowly and closed her eyes like she did the last time.

"Hey, Tonya? "She asked unsure if that was my name.

"Yeah...Is that your baby?"I asked looking at the covered basket.

"Yes.His name is Evin . He's 3 months, almost 4."She smiled and removed the blanket.

He was so beautiful for a little boy.He had dark green eyes, he was a tannish white color, and he had sandy brown curly hair. He looked so familiar though.

"He's handsome, thats for sure.Let me guess, he looks like his Dad?"I asked because he looked nothing like Monica.

"Yeah,he does...So how's your pregnancy going? "

"Pretty well.I can't get any sleep for the life of me, but it's going well."

"Thats good.Um, if you see David, tell him I said hey."She said covering Evin back up.