~Chapter 22~

________________________________________________________________________________________  Chapter 22

My enemy was growing boring.

I couldn't afford to become bored. I stared down at the bodies that lined the street, the night sky black like ink. He'd decided to defy me so boldly, and here I stood unmoved.

The mass of bodies was thirteen in number.

My male stood beside me, Gryffin's eyes were filled with a mixture of self-loathing and rage. He'd received the call, just as I'd returned from visiting my subordinates who still needed guidance. His hands had clasped the phone so tightly, I'd feared he'd break it.

His human emotions were something that would prevent him from being fully swallowed by his demons. How disappointing and interesting.

I'd called for my driver, to take him to the sight of the crime where he'd been met by Lex. His friend, who glanced between us with a confused look. Neither of us felt it prudent to enlighten him to our relationship. Instead, I smiled and motioned to the bodies. "It would seem someone is having a tantrum."

"You think," Lex scoffed, brushing a frustrated hand through his hair. "I can't believe this shit. The body count stopped at thirteen, but I can't be sure as we haven't counted the dismembered parts. It's like he dumped his vat of body parts onto the street."

Just like a child to throw their toys around, when the received a chiding from their parent. I wanted to sneer, this Father had made himself someone worthy to break and here he was, showing that he still needed maturing.

"Did anyone see anything?" Gryffin voice was heavy. His brow creased, "This couldn't have happened and not one mother fucker didn't see anything."

Lex frowned, "Well—, we do have a witness but—," He hesitated.

"But what?!" Gryffin demanded obviously, at the end of his rope. I reached out with no word and took his hand clicking my tongue. He jerked his gaze to me as if shocked by my movement.

I graced him with a small smile, "...You are not to blame for this."

He pressed his lips together, before jerking his hand out of my hold. I didn't flinch, instead, I gracefully let my hands return to my side. "Blame? Humph, I am if I continue to let that monster wonder the streets." He snapped lowly, before turning his fiery gaze back to Lex. "Tell me already, what did they see?"

Sighing, Lex spoke staring in confusion at the ground. "Some of the people said they saw someone appear out of nowhere. Like a-a portal, and the person just started throwing bodies out of it." He sent glance towards Gryffin, "Crazy right?"

I lowered my lashes; no these people were not crazy. I knew it, and Gryffin knew it. They'd send a vampire to open a portal and toss his garbage out, how crude.