22 // Before

◈ ◈ ◈ ◈ ◈ ◈ ◈ ◈ ◈ ◈

Flashback

The night before, 9PM.

 ''Thank you for tonight, it was really great.'' I spoke, smiling. It was the truth, it was really nice going outside of my room or the bookshop for once. And since I don't have Liam to drag me places anymore, all I've been the last couple of days is home.

''I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, despite the thing.'' He spoke, looking down at his feet. I did too, his toes were pointing inwards. One feet slightly over the other, it was cute. ''You said you never wanted to talk about the thing again. Sometimes I really don't get you, Styles.''

He grinned, ''Sometimes?''

I was about to reply, when my front door opened. ''Harry! Haven! Come in, sweethearts. I was just about to make some popcorn, with melted chocolate, your favourite!'' Gigi spoke, using big hand gestures to show her excitement. 

''I was actually just going home.'' Harry spoke, politely. I wasn't sure if he just didn't want to push himself onto me after our first date, or if he really just wanted to leave as quickly as possible. ''Oh no, please stay. I'm sure Haven won't mind, and I love having you with us. We can use a man in the house from time to time, you know?'' She spoke, giggling.

Harry looked over to me, his eyes asking me if I minded. ''Have you ever had popcorn with melted chocolate, Harry?'' I asked, smiling. He returned my smile, releasing his arms which had been tangled together behind his back until now. ''I haven't.''

''Then I think you should come in.''

''Great, that's settled then!'' Gigi instantly spoke, walking inside the house. I laughed, watching her walk into the kitchen. I loved the way she walked. Walking almost didn't seem like the right word for it, way too aggressive. Gigi moved very smoothly. Like how a flower would move when it was flying through the air, pushed around by the wind. So light, flowy. Like it would never touch the ground and be harmed ever again.

''Lady's first.'' Harry spoke. I thanked him and walked inside. That's one of the best things about his personality, he's such a gentleman. The whole evening he was such a gentleman, always opening doors for me and giving me subtle compliments not only about how lovely I looked today but also about how pretty my laugh was and how intelligent I was. 

I wasn't wearing a coat, so I just kicked off my shoes next to the door en continued on. Harry copied my move, but much better then I ever felt like doing. His shoes were neatly placed next to the door, next to mine. ''You're a little bit of a neat freak, aren't you?'' I asked, looking back at him.

''I just like things to be tidy.'' He replied, pushing his hand through his hair, sweeping it back over his head. ''So, do you want to clean my room too, or...?'' I spoke, trailing off. He chuckled, shaking his head. ''Maybe after a third date.''

''Yeah, maybe.'' I replied, spinning around on my heels and joining Gigi in the kitchen. ''Can I help?'' I asked, leaning on the counter. Gigi just laughed at me, stirring the chocolate. ''I'm 72 years old, Haven. I can make microwave popcorn.''

''Didn't know that had microwaves back in your day.'' I replied, dipping my finger in the chocolate, making Gigi shoe me away. ''I'm a quick learner. Now, go entertain your boyfriend.'' She turned her head towards me, ''And tell him to keep his clothes on, please. I've had enough of that with your mom.''

''First of all, he's not my boyfriend...''

''Mhm, sure he isn't.'' Gigi spoke, giggling. ''Gigi!'' I exclaimed, making her laugh even harder. I left the kitchen, finding Harry standing right besides the door. ''Were you eavesdropping?'' I asked, raising my eyebrows.