14 // Psychotic

▹ ▹ ▹   ▹ ▹ ▹   ▹ ▹ ▹

Him

I jumped up, beats of sweat rolling down my forehead. I could feel the stickiness of the sweat covering my body while I gripped the sheets so tightly my hands started to shake. And it wasn't until Zayn ran in that I noticed I was still screaming.

''Fucking hell! What is going on?!'' He shouted. His hair was messy, and he wasn't wearing any clothes besides some spongebob boxers. It was obvious he was sleeping, why was he sleeping?
I turned around to watch the clock, 5:12 am.

Really? I sighed.

''Did you have a nightmare again?'' Zayn asked, lazily dragging his hand through his tangly hair. ''No, I just like screaming.'' I replied, sarcasticly.

''Dude, don't need to be a jerk, okay?''

I swang by legs over the edge of the bed and stood up, knowing I wasn't able to go back to sleep. ''By the way, what did I tell you about you should do if I was screaming out of fear?''

''Not this again...'' He sighed.

''Zayn, I honestly don't give a shit. But you know nothing can hurt me, so if I'm scared of something. Why the fuck would you running inside in those boxers help either of us in any way?'' I asked, grabbing some fresh clothes.

He looked down at his boxers, ''But these are my lucky boxers...'' He mumbled, disappointed.

▪️▪️▪️

I'm not able to control anything anymore. I used to put nightmares into other peoples heads, now they haunt me. It felt so real, like Louis was really here. Like Haven really saw me. God, imagine if that had happened.

5:12 am, the time I put nightmares into her head. 5:12 pm, the time I had shown up several times.
I have been waking up at 5:12 am for the past two week. Bits of my days have been gone, sometimes I do things without knowing them. I wake up and I can't remember going to sleep. Or I snap out of whatever trance I was in and there I was, in front of her house.

I never had this before, with neither of the previous girls. I don't know what's happening to me.
Sighing, I turned off the shower.

Minutes later I was stroling down into the kitchen, not caring about how I looked at all.

''Coffee?'' Zayn asked, pouring some into a mug.

I didn't feel like answering so I just made a noise, one I was sure I had never made before. Even Zayn looked up at me. I shrugged it off and layed down on the couch. ''So what are these nightmares about?'' Zayn asked, while putting a cup of coffee in front of me.

I sat up and took the cup in my hands, the hot liquid had warmed up the cup more than my hands would have liked. But I couldn't really feel the pain, or maybe I just like the feeling. Pain. At least I felt something.

''I can't remember.'' I lied. I wasn't feeling like telling him about Haven, nor Louis. He doesn't know about Louis, and I don't want him to know. The less he knows about my past the better, I wasn't sticking around anyway. And it could only get him into trouble, which he knew, but didn't care much about. He just kept asking questions.

Slowly I brought the steaming coffee to my lips, sipping onto it. It burned tongue, and throat. Zayn watched me while I grimached, while sighing because of the stupid decicion I had made by drinking the coffee right away. ''Well, if you don't want to tell me that. At least tell me why you always wake up at 5 am.'' He spoke.

5:12 am, I thought. But I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to get into the subject.

''Can't a guy just enjoy a nice morning with a hot cup of coffee and silence.''