13 // Lovely

☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯

"If freckles were lovely, and day was night,
And measles were nice and a lie wasn't a lie,
Life would be delight,--
But things couldn't go right
For in such a sad plight
I wouldn't be I.

If earth was heaven and now was hence,
And past was present, and false was true,
There might be some sense
But I'd be in suspense
For on such a pretense
You wouldn't be you.

If fear was plucky, and globes were square,
And dirt was cleanly and tears were glee
Things would seem fair,--
Yet they'd all despair,
For if here was there
We wouldn't be we."

I closed the book and looked at Harry, who was already staring at me. ''And?'' I slowly asked. He smiled, his eyes never leaving mine. ''It was good.''

My eyebrows raised swiftly, ''Yeah? I'm glad.'' I had laid the book next to me on the table, before rubbing my knees with my hands to warm my hands a bit. ''If you want to take a book with, we have enough.''

''I can see that.'' He spoke, looking through the bookstore.

''Not these books, these are for sale. Except if you want to buy them? I have a bookshelf upstairs, you can search through them and borrow a book of mine if you want.'' I told him. It took a few seconds of him staring at me, before his eyes moved passed me. I waited for him to answer me, but the answer never came. His expression changed, to something I couldn't read. ''Harry?''

I asked, too feared to look behind me. But he kept staring, his eyebrows raising slowly. ''I uhm..'' He started, not finishing his sentence. ''You what?'' I slowly asked. ''Need to go to the bathroom, where's the bathroom?''

''Upstairs, are you alright?''

''Fine.'' He spoke, before running up the stairs, leaving me behind in all worry and confusion.

▪️▪️▪️

Him

''Are you really here?'' I breathed out, looking at the beautiful sight in front of me.

''I am Hazza, I am.'' He smiled, even more beautifully than I remembered. It could have been the fact that he was an angel on earth, which made him more beautiful than anything anyway, but I was convinced it was the fact that I had missed him so damn much that made his smile so special to me.

''It can't be real.'' I said, stepping back. ''It can't..'' But he interrupted me by laying his hand on my shoulder. ''Does it feel real?'' He smiled.

It took me seconds before I realized it was actually real, before I pulled him in the tightest hug I've ever hugged anyone. ''Louis.'' I grinned, holding the boy as tight as possible. I could feel him chuckle against my shoulder, ''I didn't think demons hugged.''

His words made me tense up, is that how he saw me now? A demon? I might be one, but I had hoped he still saw the good old me. He was my only hope of being the old Harry again.

He must have felt me tens up, because he instantly tried to change what he said. ''That's not what I mean Harry..'' But I couldn't say anything, I couldn't find the right words. My mind was so shook up. It wasn't only the fact that the boy I've known all my life, but haven't seen in two years is standing right In front of me. But also that the only thing that kept me sane the last two years, the only hope I've had left, came crashing down as soon as he said those words.

He let go of me, the warmth that I had missed so much left my body. The icy cold surrounded my being again, not that is was uncomfortable. I was used to the cold, it was all I felt lately. ''Why are you here?'' I quietly asked. I knew my friend, and even if he was indeed happy to see me, he wasn't here for me.