17 // Diversity

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀

A/N: Read the Authers Note at the end of this chapter? (:

Enjoy Chapter 17 >

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

''Haven?'' I asked, frowning when I found her alone in the waiting room. She looked up at me and spoke, ''I thought you left?''

''I did... But I thought it would be better if I waited here with you.'' I replied, sitting down next to her. ''You really didn't have too...'' She mumbled, looking at me. I noticed she never looked at my eyes, it was always just above or underneath them. ''I want too, really.'' I gave her a reassuring smile. She simply nodded and looked back at her hands. ''So, where's Liam?'' I asked.

''He went to make a call.'' She told me, nodding as if she still needed to convince herself.

''Haven?'' I asked softly, making her look up at me. It took me a minute to continue, a minute of her looking at me. Never once looking directly into my eyes. ''Are you scared of me?'' I asked, already knowing the answer by her reaction. She didn't move, but I could see it in her eyes. I could see how she thought back of all the memories she had about me, the time she saw my eyes and I lied to her. All the times I haunted her. She thought she was crazy, like she was supposed to. Everything was going according to plan. I scared the shit out of her, but then she got to know me and realized I'm not bad at all. Making her feel crazy. That's how you're supposed to do it. Of course with Bo it went different, Bo knew what was going on. But in the end, she was so messed up. She was ready to be locked up in a mental institution for the rest of her life. Because of me. Her fiancé, the once she trusted and loved.

With Haven everything was going according to plan, but I had to let my fucking feelings interrupt and ruin it all. James is going to fucking kill me. He was going to anyway, but knowing him. Now it won't just be death, it's going to be torture. And if I don't finish Haven myself, she's going down the same path. And I can't let that happen. I've made things worse for myself already, I shouldn't have to let her suffer even more than she already is. But it's too late now, I already asked the stupid question. Why did I even ask? Of course she's afraid of me. I've fucking haunted her for weeks. But it hurt, it hurt knowing how afraid she was of me. It hurt knowing she'd rather stay away from me because the only person who always believed her didn't believe her this time. It hurt knowing I was doing this to her. And I wanted to stop. But I couldn't. I can't. I can't.

''No, I'm not.'' She spoke, staring ahead. The answer shouldn't have surprised me, why would she tell the truth? But it really didn't seem like she lied, which was strange. ''Then why don't you ever look into my eyes?'' I asked.

She didn't answer right away, but I never looked away. Her lower lip trembled, which I've noticed always happened when she didn't know what to say. She started picking at her cuticles, which she always does when she's nervous. She opened and closed her mouth slightly a few times, but never answered me. ''Hey.''

I looked away from Haven and saw Liam standing there, with Louis behind him. Nobody could see Louis, just me. Liam looked from Haven to me, frowning a little. ''I thought you left?''

''Yeah, I changed my mind.'' I spoke, looking passed Liam to see Louis looking him up and down.

''Did you find out anything about Gigi?'' Haven asked, making Liam shake his head, while Louis focused on me again and nodded. ''They won't tell me anything, just that she's still being operated on.'' Haven sighed and rested her head on her knee which was still pulled up against her chest.

''I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back.'' I told haven before getting up and walking directly to the bathrooms. When I stepped in the stall Louis was already there. ''This is weird, so let's make it quick.'' Louis stated, trying his hardest not to touch the wall.