15,5 // Uncertainty

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈✈ ✈

A/N: I know I promised I would update at the end of this week. But sudden things happened in my life, which makes me unable to do so. I didn't want to leave you with nothing, so here's a short, chapter 15.5.

Hope you enjoy(:

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Her

10 years ago

''Mom?'' I shouted, running down the stairs. ''Mom!'' I ran into the living room, but I found an empty room. I continued searching for her, and found her outside. In front of the house she was talking to a man I didn't know. ''Mom?'' I called out. She turned around, a flash of worry spreading over her features. ''Haven, go back inside, now!'' She shouted, turning back to the man. He was looking at me since I had called out for my mother. But even now that my mum had turned back to him, he was still staring. His hand raised, and he asked me to come closer.

I stepped outside, and my mum franticly turned around. ''No Haven, stay inside!''

''It's okay Haven, come here.'' The man said.

''No, let her alone Horan! She has nothing to do with this.'' My mum cried out, stepping in front of the man. Who I now noticed was a lot taller, but also a lot younger than her.

''I didn't know you had a daughter, Emily. You should've told me about her.''

''Mom? What's going on?'' I asked, standing still. ''Please Haven go back inside and close the door, please.''

I did what she said, I turned around and went back inside.

''Mom?'' I quietly asked when she came back inside, quickly locking the door. ''Haven, god Haven.'' She spoke, hugging me tightly. ''Listen to me Haven, when I tell you to go back inside, you listen to me. And only me, okay?''

I nodded.

''And that man that you saw, if you ever see him, you run away. Do you understand? If you see him you run to somewhere with lots of people, and you call me. Okay, Haven?''

I didn't say anything.

''Haven, this is important, do you understand?''

''Yes, but why?''

''He's not a nice man, Haven. I don't want him to come near him.'' She spoke. ''Okay..'' She smiled kindly and kissed my cheek. ''Good...''

She stood up and went away into the kitchen, she barely spoke to me the rest of the day.

''Be careful, okay?''

''Yes mom, don't be worried, I'm 7. I'm very grown up.'' That made her laugh. ''Okay, have fun!'' I waved at her and ran away towards my best friend, Alice.

''Why is your mom always so worried?'' She softly asked, after we had arrived at the park, and her mom was far enough away to ask. ''I don't know. Yesterday there was a man, she was talking to me. And when I came outside she went all crazy telling me to go back inside.''

''Haven! My mom did the same thing yesterday! That's so cool! We're like twins!'' She spoke, sitting down on the swings, I sat next to her. ''My momma said he was a dangerous person.'' She said, ''Mine just said he wasn't a nice man.''

''Oh, do you think it was the same person?''

''The man at my house was called Horan.'' I told her, swinging back and forth calmly.

''That's a strange name.'' She spoke, and I nodded in agreement.

''Alice, that's him!'' I whispered, pulling my friend aside. ''Who is?''

''Him!'' I pointed the man out to her, he was standing next to a tree. At the edge of the dark forest. ''That's the man that was at my house!'' She called out, ''He was at my house too!'' I replied. Suddenly the man turned around, he saw us, and smiled. ''What should we do?'' She whispered, also noticing that the man had been looking at us. ''My mom said we should stay away from him.'' She nodded, just as the man waved at us, asking us to come over. Just as he had done when he was at my house. ''I think we should go.''

This time Alice nodded and we ran towards the man. I knew we shouldn't have done it. But something about him told me it was okay. My mind told me he wouldn't harm us, he's nice. He's kind, my mother was wrong.

He started walking into the woods, and we followed him. But a few minutes later, already far into the woods, he was gone. ''Where's he gone?'' Alice asked, I looked around. But didn't saw him. ''I think that way!'' I pointed, turning my back on Alice to look.

Suddenly she screamed, but when I turned around she was gone. ''Alice!?'' I called out, tears coming up in my eyes. ''Alice!''

''Alice!'' I turned around, but didn't know which way we had come from. ''Haven.'' A voice spoke, a manly voice. ''Who are you? Where's Alice?'' I called out.

''Haven.'' It spoke again.

Everything went black.

The next day I woke up in my own bed, with no memory of the day before.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

A/N: Hope you enjoyed, next week I will post a full chapter! Thank you for understanding(: Don't forget to V o t e, C o m m e n t and S h a r e. I love you loads. x