Chapter 24 "End"

~4 years later~

"How many guests do you have?" Hermione asked Ron as he entered the living room where she was, sitting on the red sofa by the big window.

The Burrow hadn't changed a lot, the only difference was that now, only Ron and Hermione were living there.

Ron's parents were travelling around the world for over three months, George had left right after the battle because everything reminded him of Fred and he was now living in France.

Ginny was married to Harry, they had bought a big house in the nature, not too far from the Burrow.

"Around fifty I believe." Ron answered, giving her a quick peck on her cheek and taking a seat next to her."What about you?"

"I don't know yet, I'm still counting them." The witch answered, going through a list with names.

"What about old classmates from Hogwarts?I have a list with all the kids from our year if you want."

"That would be helpful.I think I'm forgetting a ton of people."

"Wait I'll go and get it."

Ron returned after some minutes with a big list in his hands."Here" He said stretching his arm so she could take it.

She studied the list carefully, underlying names with her pencil."See?I had forgotten most of them." She told him without taking her eyes from the white paper.

"Don't include Luna and Neville, I already invited those."

"Okay." She answered still underlying names from former students.

And it was then that her hand automatically stopped, her eyes locked with the paper, her heart may skipped a beat as as a very specific name was written on the list.

How could she forget?Memories flew back in her head and she closed her eyes tight trying hard not to let her tears fall.

"Are you okay?" Ron asked, glancing at her now trembling hands.

She just nodded, still holding her eyes closed.

"Seriously Hermione I'm starting to worry.What happened?"

She opened her eyes and looked at the list again."I just remembered our school years that's all."

"Okay...I have to leave for work, call me if you need anything." He gave her a quick peck on the cheek again and left the room.

After some minutes Hermione heard the door closing.

She put her face on her palms and let the tears fall, not caring now to cry as nobody would see her.

"Oh my god." She breathed.

She opened her eyes and looked at the list again.She hesitated at first but underlined the name in the end.

The name that had almost given her a panic attack.

After some deep breaths she continued underlying names, although her mind was still back at Hogwarts.

When she finished, she made the final invitations and called her owls to take them and deliver them.

She then lied down on the sofa and closed her eyes, still taking deep breaths.

She fell asleep really fast, leaving her thoughts and memories behind for some hours.

Her nap was interrupted by the a knock at the door, it took her some time to realise what was going on.