Chapter 23

Back in the library, back to reading boring magic manuals. Magic used to be fun. Cin was messing with my phone make it compatible with the VPN she usually used. Apparently there are more location locks on my phone since it was made off realm.

"But what is a soul weapon exactly?" I groaned dropping my face into the book I was reading.

"I'm not too sure myself. It's a mix between an heirloom and spell that amplified your magic. Some of the books here go into more detail. This one I think," said Cin and took a green book from the pile and passed it to me.

I opened Magic of the Soul and turned to the contents page. Chapter 13 was soul weapons. I flipped to the page. After reading ten pages my head was swimming, drowning in random facts and phrases about soul weapons.

A soul weapon was both made of pure magic but also a physical weapon. You can inherit it but the weapon can be different for different people... but how? It is the same magic and/or the same physical weapon. Each weapon was unique to a family but also to a person but had different forms and magic.

It connects you directly to the eternal darkness making them super powerful. It is passed on from generation to generation and each generation gets a bit stronger. And that the strongest royal families are the ones with the oldest soul weapons. I groaned and smacked my face into the book.

"So why steal souls weapons? So he can be more powerful in comparison once the other people's magic is gone?" I grumbled, my words muffled by the pages.

"Um...sort of but not exactly. If he actually stole someone's soul weapon he'd probably be killed or arrested on the spot. I think he wants to have the threat of being able to do it so he can intimidate the other royal families," shrugged Cina.

"Yeah, yeah," I muttered and lifted my head.

I was about to close Magic of the Soul but the phrase 'impossible to steal' caught my eyes. I opened it up and found the section again.

As the magic binds to the person, their weapon, their magic and the eternal darkness together so tightly it is impossible to steal. While leeching magic is possible, no real harm can be done after one has completely inherited their soul weapon.

"Cina," I said looking up from the book. "It says here that it's impossible to steal soul weapons."

"What?" she looked at me from over her laptop, her eyebrow raised. "That can't be true."

"It is! Look," I said and passed the book to her. I pointed at the paragraph.

Cin frowned as she continued to read. "That's...odd. We should ask Boss, this book might just be out of date."

There was a knock at the door and the earl entered.

"Oh boss, good to see you. We have something to ask you." Cin held out the book towards him.

"What is it?" Earl Alfred took the book and glanced over the page.

"There's a section saying removing soul weapons are impossible because it binds the person's soul to the weapon and to the eternal darkness," I replied.

The earl handed me back the book. "Seems about right."

"Isn't that a problem?" I asked.

"Nothing is impossible when it comes to magic just very difficult," said the earl nonchalantly.

"Alright, I guess," I mumbled looking back at the book.

"So did you need something from us?" asked Cin sitting back down.