Chapter 5

The public portals in Market town were in a large red brick building ,which was essentially a train station. "Interdimensional Terminal" was encrusted on the exterior in large white letters. It had six platforms with two portals on either end. We walked up the stairs in to the building. I pointed at the map of the realms near the ticket booth. There was a overly simplistic diagram of the realms and Gregor kept looking over his shoulder waiting for something or someone to come and attack us again.

"Do you want to go via the human world or via goblin country," I asked as I traced the routes on the board with my finger.

"I don't know. Whichever one is shorter," replied Gregor. He seemed more interested in looking around at the interior of the station rather than the map.

"It's not that simple," I groaned. Gregor ignored my agitation and watched the people rushing to platforms with tickets in their hands. "It is shorter to go from here to the human world than to go to goblin country but the trains from the human world to the demon kingdom leave less frequently than the trains from the goblin country to the demon kingdom. So if... Gregor are you listening?"

"No," snorted Gregor. He is so frustrating but then he smiled so I forgave him.

"Going through goblin country is longer ,but train to the demon kingdom from there go more often. Going through the human world is shorter, but the trains are less frequent so if there is a delay you will have to wait hours in transit."

Gregor shrugged, "we should go through goblin country. If I stay in the dark realms I can use the little magic I have left. If I go to the human world I won't even be able to transform my weapon."

"Oh okay," I said and we went to the back of the line in the ticket booth. There were five people in front of us including an especially harassed looking elf, her golden hair messy and her shoes covered in mud.

"Wait, if there wasn't an option then why didn't you tell me earlier when I was calculation travel time, exchanges and peak hours?" I asked after a moment of thought.

Gregor smiled and rolled his eyes, "you looked like you were having fun."

I pouted and jabbed Gregor with my elbow. "Jerk."

Gregor laughed, "aw don't say that."

I watched the clock that seemingly floated near the ceiling. A large clock floated near the ceiling. It was ten forty five, Miss Rosy will be expecting me to show up soon., I should text her to let her know we won't be there. The elf in front of us had gotten to the counter and was shouting at the attendant about her lost bag and how she missed missing her train. Her voice was high pitched and grated like all fae folk, but this one was especially so. I took out my phone and wrote a message to Miss Rosy.

"Who are you texting?" asked Gregor noticing the phone in my hand.

"Miss Rosy. I'm letting her know we aren't coming," I said.

"Oh right. I forgot about her," said Gregor. A train horn echoed in the distant track and filled the air with diesel fumes. The elf's voice was a ringing bell which bended into the back ground noise of voices, trains, footsteps and constructions sounds from outside.

Gregor nudged me.

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked as put my phone back into my pocket.

"Can you steal her shadow?" asked Gregor eagerly. He pointed at the fairy's shadow on the ground.

"Why?" I asked narrowing my eyes. He seemed a little too enthusiastic for me to do it, what was he planning?

Gregor chuckled, "let's just say a science experiment. Come on do it," he egged me on.