Sleep deprived Chapter.

I scratch his scalp as he submerges his head on the nook of my neck. My heart breaks for this twisted gorgeous man. Hannah was wrong, wasn't she? I know in my gut that with enough TLC Liam will let me in.

He kisses my neck ever so gently, his lips feathery. A shiver travels down my spine. He sniffs my hair loudly and then licks the back of my neck. I moan in pleasure. What is with lifts and us?

He traces a line of kisses on my neck all the way to my forehead and I close my eyes and let him show me, love. Isn't it love or am I reaching here?

The elevator stops at our floor and he moves his face away. He is still looking at me and his eyes—they are bloodshot. Tears lingering on his cheeks. I reach out and brush them away—he doesn't give my hand back though. Instead, he kisses it and holds it as we get inside his apartment.

"Have you had dinner yet?" He asks as he takes off his coat. I can see his muscles peeking through and damn are they sexy.

"I am not that hungry," I lie.

"Are you sure? You've lost a lot of weight since I last saw you."

"That's good—I am barely doing much so I don't really need a lot of food. I usually get hungry after running," I half lie.

He pushes my hair away from my face and holds my face with both his hands.

"You drank while being on antibiotics, have barely eaten anything these few days and you won't let Jeff drive you around. Why are you giving me such a hard time?" He has his eyebrows scrunched up together and he looks so cute acting all worried. I like having a boyfriend that cares so much.

"You can fix all of these."

"How?"

"Talk to me, Liam. I won't have to drink if you don't stress me out and how do you know I've barely eaten?"

"I saw your plate last night."

"You were home last night. Why didn't you come to my—I mean erm the other room?"

"I was in your room."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

He kisses the bridge of my nose. "You were sleeping—I would never disturb you."

"Why have you been ignoring me all these days?" I ask casually trying to mask the pain behind those words.

He drops his hands from my face and walks towards the kitchen counter. He opens the top third drawer and pulls out Ahoy chocolate chip cookies blue box from it. He turns around, opens the seal and offers me some.

"Stop ignoring my question," I say as I take a cookie. He remembered.

He holds my free hand and plays with my second finger. He's making some sort of circles on them that are very relaxing. I munch on my cookie as I wait for his answer.

"I didn't know what to say to you," he purrs. His eyes are a darker blue now—like troubled water. His shoulders aren't held high as they usually are—there is a sense of defeat in his body language that is so unlike him.

I place both my hands on his face now, "Liam I forgive you. What happened—" He grabs my face and kisses me feverishly. I kiss him back knowing fully well we are nowhere close to resolving anything. Liam just won't talk—it's like I know he has so many emotions bubbling inside him but he just wants to keep them all sealed and shut in an airtight container.

His lips are hot and heavy on my lips and I am not sure I can remember the color of the walls right now—I close my eyes and drink him in. He tastes like cigarettes, cheese and mint. It's weird when I say it but it really is tasty.