colLITeral damage

"Sounds great." I hope hazel dies in hell. What kind of name is that? It's a fucking color.

"She's my younger sister." Whao—he has a sister and still he's so insensitive. Isn't that just lovely? A part of me is just relived she is his sister and not one of his women out there.

"I don't care," I lie shamelessly.

"I promised you exclusivity," he purrs and I feel like somebody has just wrapped a warm towel all around me.

"Do not forget what he did Mia." Inner voice reminds me.

"That was before..."

"Before what?" His eyebrows shoot up and I want to kiss him so bad.

I move away from Liam to go stand near Joe, who is back from his cigarette break.

"What time do we close up?" I ask to make conversation. The bar is almost empty—there are like 2 customers left.

"In another 45 minutes."

"Can I have a refill?"

Liam yells and I am getting worried. There is no way in hell I will let him drive drunk. I fill his glass and slide it over. I am dead sure he is tipsy af—if not fully drunk. He chugs it.

"Another one." He says as his hands are pressing his temples. He's not okay, something is so wrong. How did I not notice it before? He looks tired and his quick wit is nowhere to be found. I want to wrap my arms around his body, hold him in a tight hug and comfort him. Is it his sister? Does he not get along with her? How could I have clearly missed the red flags—his hair is unkempt and his cheeks look sharper than before. I hope I am just imagining things in a cruel attempt to make myself feel better. Maybe I want him to be miserable without me and I am creating stories in my head to validate that belief because then maybe he will do something about it.

He taps his palm on the table and I am forced back to reality.

"I will not serve you, Liam."

"Why the fuck not?" He leans towards me making me hyper-aware of his presence. I already know dude, you don't got to do that.

"You are drunk."

"You are drunk," he says and cheekily smiles. He is drunk and beautiful and his smile is my kryptonite. I don't think I have ever appreciated the cuteness that is William Kent before.

I lean towards him, placing both my elbows on the counter.

"You need to go home," I am really trying to be stern here.

"Not without you," he says like a child. There is no arrogance or William Kentness in his voice—I kinda dig it. I am weak and pathetic and I can't be strong anymore, have all the voices in my head heard that?

I want no arguments now.

"Only if we take an Uber back."

"I've driven in worse conditions. Believe me—we're good." He says then takes my hand and kisses it.

I take my hand back and fill up a cup with water. I slide it to him and he frowns at me—his eyebrows all scrunched up and cutesy.

Damn, I HAVE REALLY MISSED THIS MAN.

"Drink up Mister." Hydration helps with sobriety, or so I've heard. I have never personally experienced it though—when I am drunk—I am beyond revival.

He listens to me and takes a few sips. I like drunk Liam, he's freer and actually listens to me. Does he have drunken voices in his head too?

"Let's go now," he childishly throws his hands up in the air. I have never seen this side of him.

"First of all, finish the water, and I am not done here," I am at work and he seems to convincingly forget that.

"It's 4:30 a.m."

"I have to close up." I don't want to get fired.

"I have something I want to show you." He purrs and it is so hard to resist. I go to Joe to ask if I can leave and he is cool with that. I grab my tote from the back pantry and make my way to the bar. I close Liam's tab and don't give him the bill. He might try to tip me again. I take his card out and make my way out—my heels are killing me. I'll have to learn to wear them for longer without wanting to cut my feet off.

Liam gets up from his chair and soon as I lift the table from one side to come to the other side, he engulfs me in a hug. I hug him back obviously.

"I have a surprise for you," he purrs in my ears and then nibbles on them. I can't help but squirm.

"We still have to talk about your lack of apology Liam," I remind him of the obvious.

"Can we talk about that tomorrow or maybe never? I have a surprise for you—can't you be a little more excited?"

I hate surprises and sudden change scare the fuck out of me. How can he not know?

"Liam we can't just brush things under the rug like that. Now give me your wallet."

"Why? Do you need money?" He asks as he takes out cash from his wallet. I show him his card and he keeps the cash back inside the long sleeve and hands me the matt black wallet. I should be offended by him offering me cash as if that's all I want but I can't help but feel delighted at the fact that he just handed me his wallet. I put the card in the side sleeve and give it back to him.

"Are you sure you can drive?" I ask him again—my intuition says I shouldn't let him. Something very loud in me says I should take an Uber. I am taught better than to sit with a drunk man but what do you do when he is your man and won't budge?

"I promise."

I shouldn't have gotten into the car—I shouldn't have let him drive—he was drunk, but I was sober—if only... I can't help but think as I try to sit up, the pain is unbearable and as I try to move again—darkness surrounds me. 

Author's note 

I just made an Instagram for Ice To Meet You. The first post is of Liam, for all OG readers. I convinced Liam to say a few lines *wink-wink* and there is a video of him smoking attached to it. So check it out and let me know what you think. Also, follow the page for regular updates and polls that I will have about the story. I really want to create a place where you guys have a say in the story. So we will have previews, snippets and lots and lots of discussions and pictures. Pictures of the restaurants they go to, the food they eat, where they work and everything in between. I love you guys so much and as always let me know what more you want to see and I'll create it. The link is attached to the chapter