High definition

I hail a cab from the next block and I look back before getting in—thankfully no sign of Jeff just yet. If Liam thinks he can ignore me, coming in when I sleep doesn't count, like I was saying—if he thinks he can ignore me and I will be wounded like a bird waiting for his attention then he has another thing coming.

I might be the love-sick puppy that craves his attention and would die to spend time with him but I will suicide before he knows it. 100% honestly my fucking ass. There is a reason you don't reveal all your thoughts to a man. I wouldn't sit around waiting for him to notice me—I will live my life and forget all about him. Okay maybe that's taking it a little too far but you know what?

I won't ever tell him I love him again. Since the time I said it—he pushed me away and because I don't want to come across as clingy—I've let him keep the distance.

Now I've learned my lesson, keep my feelings in my heart.

The cab stops in front of The Press Lounge and I get off. Thank god Hannah's cousin works here and we get free drinks because I could never afford this place. I take the elevator to the 16th floor and here I am!

This is the place that made me fall in love with New York for the first time. It's a rooftop bar in the middle of Manhattan that has the best view possible. I saw the sun setting on the buildings here and knew in the pit of the stomach that one day I want to say I live here—which now I do!

Albert a job, something we have to fix. Maybe Hannah has something I can do for the time being until I am fit enough to work at the bar again. Maybe I could freelance for a bit. The fact that I still have to make rent this month is a burden hanging like a sword on my neck. All my money will go to that and I won't have anything for groceries. Even though Liam's house has everything—I don't want to take advantage of him. I will do my bit by paying for food at least.

I sit down on one of the tables inside and try to calm the anxious nerves. It will all work out, it has to. I will find a job and everything will be back to awesome.

Hannah strolls in—in her ripped jeans, yellow blazer, and nude high heels. I know this because the waiter serving the table next to me just turned to gawk at her—she has that hypnotizing effect on men all around her. I get up from my seat, plastering a smile that can hopefully mask the pain shooting through my back to my knees. She kisses me on my cheeks knowing how sticky hugging me could get. It's so good to see her and just—it's my Hannah Banana! Nothing in the world feels as good as your best friend.

"Still unhuggable?" She asks in a soft voice I love the most in the world.

"Pretty much."

"How are you feeling?"

"It doesn't hurt to breathe anymore," I half lie. A deep breath still knocks the wind out of me. One of these days I will have to sit down with myself and figure out why I jumped in front of Liam when my first instinct should have been to protect myself. It's like something came over me and took charge of my body. I get mad at that part of me every time I move.

"I have tea that is getting cold by the hour."

"Okay spill."

"One of my friends goes to this club that either Liam owns or has some kind of stake in or is the very least a member at. It's an underground club, you feel me?" I don't actually. Is it actually underground like in the basement or is it a secret?

"I don't, what does that mean?"

"It's a member exclusive club, obviously... duh! But everything goes in it," she whispers in a tone that tells me this some important gossip but I just don't get it just yet.

"You mean drugs, sex rock and roll kind of thing?"

"Exactly."

"Hannah, Liam can do all of those things anyway—he's got stupid money," I remind her of the obvious.

My phone buzzes and it's Liam. Now he wants to talk? I press on the left and the phone goes silent.

"You're not getting it, Mia," she sounds frustrated with me.

"Explain it to me then,"

"It's a club that allows everything to happen—a threesome, orgies, cocaine off of anything I guess, public sex—everything. Camera's aren't allowed and once you enter, your phone reception goes off. There are no pictures of this club and only the elite of the elitist know the address. There is no public record of anything—anywhere—at all."

Oh.

"It's like it doesn't even exist on paper, which just tells me it's illegal as fuck." Her eyes are sparkling and I think she either has access to it herself or she wants me to get it for her. I mean—I kinda knew about this I guess... since Liam did tell me about women watching him shit but it sounds darker than my imagination could stretch.

"And?" With Hannah, there is always an and.

"I want you to get us access."

"How?"

"You're dating the man who potentially owns it. He was there last to last night." So, while I was recovering from my wounds—he was partying in that—was he having sex with random women? Was he watching them have sex? Was Sophia there?

"Do you know who he was with?"

"I think he went solo, Ronald didn't mention any bitches... Although word on the street is that he's into hardcore drugs."

"Which street?" She talks like a gossip column.

"Wallstreet Mia," she says like it's a thing I should have already known.

"How do they know?"

"There is a picture of him snorting cocaine off of a picture of him snorting cocaine." Damn—that does sound like Liam—he's snorty enough to do that. 

Author's note

How is everyone doing? I love you guys super much and if any of you have any song recommendations, please send them my way.