Chapter 14

So, the responses have been narrowed down to three: Gambling AU, Mythical AU, and Demon AU.

Here are some excerpts to help you choose one that you would like me to write about first:

Gambling Au- Jabberwock of Spades

"Hello," he started in a melodic voice. "Would you like to play a game of Blackjack?"

Hajime's breath hitched, not in fear, but in awe. The dealer was a young man in his early twenties, around the same age as Hajime. His hair was an odd color of white, and his skin was as pale as a drowned victim, which honestly spooked the brunet. He had half-lidded eyes, which covered the tops of his piercing jade green orbs.

The male was wearing a white tuxedo accompanied with a bowtie of the same color, and polished white shoes. On top of his head sat a lovely hat, not too big and not too small, which was wrapped with a red ribbon right above the rim.

In his white-gloved hands lay a deck of cards, which he was shuffling subconsciously.

Simply to say, he was stunning, like no one Hajime had ever seen before in his life. He shook his head. No, he can't get wrapped up in another gambling game again.

"No, thank you," he said, starting to turn away from the captivating albino.

"How about for fun? No bets, no nothing that includes money?" The white-haired dealer spoke in his enchanting voice.

"I-I'm sorry but-"

"Just one game?"

Hajime sighed in defeat.

"Alright."

Demon AU- Demonic Heart

Wads of paper balls and trash were thrown at the brunet when he walked through the hallways to the library. Hushed voices mocked him behind his back, laughing at how he was the only one who didn't have a guardian angel. An outcast. A loner.

Someone rudely shoved him to the ground, his papers scattering all across the marble floors. Several snickers erupted from behind him.

Standing up on wobbly knees, the high school student collected his items without a fuss and continued along his way, his mouth closed the entire time.

The only refuge he had from all these bullies was the library. The main campus's library was a quiet place and little to no people that visited there often, leaving him to take most of the books.

"Hello, Hajime." The librarian, Chisa Yukizome cheerfully waved to him.

Hajime waved back, a slight smile flitting across his lips. His grin faltered when the librarian's guardian angel, Munakata, narrowed his eyes at the boy.

Hajime's eyes fell to the floor as he quickly shuffled away.

Disappearing behind a cluster of bookshelves, Hajime busied himself with finding the genres he wanted to read for the day.

His olive eyes landed on a specific book with unknown symbols carved onto the cover.

Curiosity getting the best of him, the brunet opened the book. Mysterious symbols lined the old pages, and at the very bottom was a phrase in Latin, something he could actually read.

His lips moved in sync with his eyes as they devoured the words.

Once he was finished, a small tinge coursed through his body, and a feeling of sudden dread overwhelmed him.

Hajime snapped the book shut, shoving it back onto the shelf.

What was that funny feeling just now?