Chapter 7

I'm not Christian or anything. Everything in this story about the Afterlife is all a work of fiction and from my imagination. I apologize if I have offended any of you.

Also, the Nagito in this story is beta Nagito, meaning that he's not obsessed with hope and whatnot, but is actually an anti-social(?), socially awkward person. __________________________________

The albino had left the brunet flabbergasted as he shot up towards the gray clouds, leaving Hajime's tiny figure behind. It was true that he did care for the brunet, but his attitude made Nagito want to leave him on his own to die. 

He hoped that his jacket and the shield he placed around Hajime would stay until he came back. If it didn't, well then... He guessed he would just have to go save him again. Foolish mortals. Messing with things they didn't understand.

Nagito's wings beat through the air as he flew faster and faster into the sky, shooting upwards like a rocket. A loud 'whoosh' filled his ears as blackness consumed him. 

He kept on flying until his jade eyes spotted a speck of white in the distance. The albino shot up from a hole in the ground, which disappeared right after he placed his feet on the white marble floors of Heaven.

The gates of Heaven were painted in brilliant gold, illuminating the empty white space around the Grim Reaper with a golden hue. Pushing open the gates, he came face to face with a lilac-haired girl, who was positioned a few feet behind the gate.

She gave him a quick flick of her head, giving permission for him to go on before diving back into her paperwork.

Swinging his scythe behind his shoulder, he proceeded onward to the throne room, where the King was.

Along the way, floating figures met his eyes. They had a pure aura to them, which means they had to be the souls of the deceased. They were laughing, having no care in the world.

Jealousy enveloping the albino, Nagito continued forwards, this time looking towards the ground.

Nagito opened the doors to the main building of Heaven, his feet tapping on the floor and thus alerting the guards of his arrival.

They nodded their heads and he was granted permission to enter the throne room.

With bow and a tip of his head, Nagito went down on one knee before the King of Heaven.

"Proceed." Makoto's voice boomed around the empty building.

The Grim Reaper swung his scythe in an arc, releasing the pure souls that flew into the King's palm.

It was a quick and simple process. He had been doing this for many, countless years. It was starting to take a toll on him.

"Thank you. You may leave," Makoto said, dipping his head slightly as a sign of politeness.

The large wooden doors automatically closed in front of Nagito as he walked out of the room and into the open again.

That had taken less time than expected, so now the Grim Reaper was free from his duty today.

Suddenly, Nagito felt a small tug at his pants. Looking down, he saw a young girl holding a teddy bear staring up at him.

"Hey, Mister?" She asked in a delicate voice. "Can you help me find my parents?"