The Consequences

(Please take into account that these people come from long pack lineages and have trust funds &  inherited properties etc since birth

(Please take into account that these people come from long pack lineages and have trust funds &  inherited properties etc since birth....)

After I finished speaking a low growl could be heard from my cousin, but he knew it was better to shut up as there was no defense for what he had done.  "And now, onto why we are all here.... every one of these people has to come face to face with our alpha and receive their just punishment. As stated in our laws nobody is exempt from this regardless of rank. Let's go!" The alpha said in a booming tone making his way into the courtroom of the packhouse hastily followed by everyone else, including the accused.

"First on the list, Samantha Carlson, Brianna Smithers, and Jaylea Hemmings. You stand accused of Harassment... how do you plea?" The alpha spoke from his large seat while the three girls shook slightly with bowed heads "we did mess with her sometimes but it wasn't harassment..." Samantha said in a shaky voice, with pleading tears in her eyes.

"Did you or did you not inflict physical and emotional pain and stress on miss Sky?" Alpha Jed asked receiving small nods from all 3 girls while the crowd murmured lowly "did you or did you not constantly harass and bully her once she arrived at school by pulling her hair, pushing and kicking her, calling her names, and breaking her property?" The alpha asked only to receive 3 more slight nods from the girls and a small yes from Jaylea.

"Very well, for the damage caused to miss sky the three of you are to pay her an amount of 5 thousand dollars each within 30 days from your personal funds, along with a sincere written apology. Also, you are to complete 6 months of community service with the orphaned children of Orchid moon" the alpha said and brought down his wooden hammer "It is so ordered".

The girls fell to their knees pleading their innocence but didn't get too far as the guards pushed them aside and prepared the now empty space for the next person.

"Next is Mr. Colten Sky" the alpha called, and he brazenly came up and stood front and center with a smirk on his face indicating how little he cared. His attitude fell flat before the alpha, and his parents could only look at him with eyes filled with disappointment and fear "You stand accused of owning and distributing child pornography, as when you sent around that mass text of the photos and messages that you coaxed miss Sky to send you she was only 15 years old. How do you plea?" When the words child pornography left the alpha's mouth an audible gasp was heard throughout the courtroom and Colten almost fainted, he probably thought he would get harassment or something trivial, but never this.

"You did WHAT!" The beta roared as he looked ready to kill his son for what he had done to me... "How could you.... to her! did you touch her....? ANSWER ME NOW COLTEN! " Colten looked mortified, but I don't understand why the beta cares so much that it's me in particular who his son did that to  "No dad I didn't touch her... I mean, I kissed her once but that was it, she didn't allow anything else" he quickly explained with a scared and confused look on his face. Meanwhile his father's rage only amplified, even his mother turned around and started dry heaving at the explanation his child gave, and the luna quickly came to help her as she looked really ill or disgusted.

I mean I understand that I'm an orphan and can't be compared to their children... but I'm not that repulsive, at least not to the point of making somebody ill... right? I can feel my confidence slowly dropping more and more at the thought that I'm perceived as being that lowly.

"How do you plea?" The alpha asked again impatiently, it seems that theatrics won't sway his opinion "I did send those, and yeah... guilty I guess, but I didn't know it was illegal I swear!" Colten said with tears in his eyes as his body trembled.

"As you had already turned 18 at the time you commited the above-mentioned charges, you are to spend 8 years and 6 months in our pack jail and your name will be added on to the human sex offender registry for the rest of your life. Also to compensate the victim you are to pay her 25 thousand dollars from your assigned personal fund within the next month" the alpha said and brought down his hammer once more. Even I didn't think that Colten would get such a harsh punishment, but it's not up to me to decide as I am not the alpha nor the council who apparently agree on the punishments the alpha is dealing out today.

After Colten's punishment, came Krystal who got the same punishment as her two friends but instead of 6 months, she got a whole year of community service. Miss Humphreys got fired from her job as director of the orphanage due to abuse of power and child abuse, also, she was to publicly apologize to all us kids who were under her direction and the luna was put in charge of finding a proper replacement and making sure all kids were assessed to ensure their general wellbeing. She was also jailed for the time being, since I wasn't the only child who received abuse by her hands, those trials have to be separate.

"Mr. Sean Orchid you stand accused of harassment, Distribution and ownership of child pornography, defamation, psychological abuse, and abuse of power. You failed to fulfill your duties as future alpha and look where you ended up... How do you plea?" the alpha said with a sigh "Innocent... I did no such things" Sean said with the same fury he had moments ago "Did you or did you not assist Mr. Sky in the distribution of the inappropriate photos he had in his power to humiliate miss Sky and ruin her image before the pack" Alpha Jed asked only to receive a small yes from his son.

"Did you or did you not bully, hit, verbally abuse and destroy miss Sky's property?" the alpha asked Sean whose initial anger slowly seems to turn into fear "Yes I did" was all he muttered after that, and the alpha continued... "And finally did you or did you not claim that your first act as an alpha would be to quote 'kick miss Sky out of your pack as you want no weaklings in it', basically threatening to shun miss Sky from Orchid moon where she was born and has the right to be until her death? " the alpha finished asking with a low growl and he received a timid yes again from Sean.

"For your crimes towards an innocent and highly dependant pack member, you will have to pay a 50 thousand dollar fine, which constitutes the entire sum of your trust, spend 4 and a half years in pack jail without the possibility of parole, Have your name of the human sex offender registry for life. And above all else, the council members have decided to remove you as next in line for the alpha position at Orchid Moon, thus making your sister Amelia Alessa Orchid the next in line to become Alpha female. This also means that your mate will lose her position as future luna."

Sean had to basically be dragged from the courtroom while he yelled and cried, in all reality, he would have made a very terrible alpha and his sister is his polar opposite so I hope she does much better than him in the position.

Finally, it came time for Jayden to stand, plea his case, and receive his punishment. I can feel his fear and embarrassment from where I stand and it honestly feels kind of good... as wrong as it may sound.

"Mr. Jayden Sky, you stand accused of Attempted homicide, Harassment, attempted sexual assault, assault & battery, owning and distributing child pornography, and trespassing. How do you plea?" The alpha asked and it seemed as though all the color drained from Jayden's face as his charges were read to him  "I... I" he said trying to wrap his head around all those big charges he was looking at "Today please..." the alpha said with a bored tone "I.. Well..... guilty sir." Jayden finally said lowering his head in shame and waiting to hear what his punishments were going to be. Meanwhile, beta Allura was sobbing hard into her husband's chest as he rubbed her back and silently cried along with her. "For the above-mentioned charges Jayden Talon Sky you are to be placed in pack Jail for 46 years to life without the possibility of parole or early release, you are also to compensate all the victim's medical bills which add up to four hundred and eighty-six thousand, six hundred and seventy-six dollars and fifty-three cents. Your name will also be added to the human sex offender registry for life"   Alpha Jed said bringing his hammer down one final time.

"To all those present, know that this is how we do things in Orchid moon... All Dismissed!"