Perfection

It's been four and a half days since Beta Raider brought me to the Jade moon pack's hospital, they ran a second batch of tests on me to see if I was healing quickly enough, and since the results confirmed that I am

It's been four and a half days since Beta Raider brought me to the Jade moon pack's hospital, they ran a second batch of tests on me to see if I was healing quickly enough, and since the results confirmed that I am... I get to go home with Aurora in a few hours. Right now I'm busy packing up the medicine I was given into my dirty backpack, I hadn't realized that I had it with me until I woke up yesterday to Aurora with a bowl of hot soup in her hands asking if I had any clothes in my backpack.

She waited for my permission to go through my stuff, and sure enough, my P.E clothes were in there but they stunk, so she took them home and washed the worn-out all-white shirt and dark blue shorts for me. I just about finished putting away my medication when the room door opened to reveal a smiling Aurora and Raider, "I am happy that you already met my mate Raider even though the circumstances weren't happy ones, but miss Elody is waiting for you at the house wearing that pretty green dress you knitted for her last month" Aurora told me as Raider picked up my backpack for me... Aurora was lucky to have such a nice, strong Beta as a mate who could care for her and protect their family, I gave them both the biggest smile I could and followed Aurora out of the now-empty hospital room.

During the car ride the two mates sang along to every song that came on the radio while holding hands and smiling... their life is amazing "we'll meet mate someday too Ali" Juno said with a small wolfy grin, she's right... I just hope our mate accepts us the way we are.

Aurora and Raider's home looks straight out of a homes and gardens magazine, it has a long driveway that leads to a big grey house with a wooden wrap-around porch, it has a small garden filled with pink and blue flowers. Everything looks amazing... "welcome to the Freedmen residence short stack" Raider said with a big smile on his face and an arm wrapped around his mate's waist while the other held onto my only piece of luggage. We had gotten much closer during my hospital stay, he brought Aurora and I games and books and made a lot of jokes to make me laugh.

Once they opened the front door to their wonderful open concept house I heard a tiny squeal from the living room area. There she was... a tiny baby girl wearing the dress I made with some white socks and a white headband, immediately I could feel a connection to her tiny soul when she looked at me and smiled a toothless smile.

"your eyes are prettier in person Elody, I'm Alaïa and I have been waiting a long time to meet you," I said to her as I held out my hand so she could take it. As if on impulse I sat down and placed her on my lap while hearing her little coos "It's almost as if she knew you," Raider said standing in front of us "yeah... she barely lets family members touch her, and she seems content with you," Aurora said with a small smile.

"I wish I had a little sister like you... to take care of and play with" I whispered to Elody who seemed to understand as she reached her little hand up to my face. A few minutes later I heard Raider say "I'll go give her her bottle, it's feeding time" taking the baby from me, and in that very instant Elody's eyes filled with tears even though she didn't make a sound "go with your daddy and be a good girl" I whispered up to her as she calmed down again. "You need to show me how to do that..." Raider said quickly before disappearing into a random door.

"Let's go show you your room, you must be exhausted.." Aurora said taking my bag and leading me to a door right next to the fireplace in the living room. Once inside my mouth dropped "is it for me...?" I whispered "of course sweetie, it has its own bathroom and this is your closet", She said pointing to two doors "In this week we'll get you sorted with clothes and sign you up for school as soon as you feel better, we'll take you to meet the alpha who allowed you to stay on his territory, you will have to explain why you were in the state you were in when you got here though," she said the last part slightly less excited than the first parts.

"I am a senior now... a few more months till graduation, will they take me?" I asked softly "of course, the alpha family owns the school and hospital, if they want you there you will go there like any pack member" she explained matter of factly. "Alaïa... what happened?" Aurora asked with furrowed eyebrows "nothing.." I started but she cut me off immediately "look here, missy... I know you, and you are a beaming ray of sunshine... you were never shy or quiet... in fact, you barely let me get a word in as a child. You were in such bad shape when Raider found you that he thought you were dead, so don't lie to me... I don't care if it was the alpha himself who hurt you, but please tell me" she said, her voice slightly breaking at the end.

"Do you know the Beta family.... back at Orchid moon, they have a son... Jayden Sky, I met him soon after you left the pack. He hates me because we have the same last name... says I'm a filthy mutt and I deserve to be treated as such" I finished explaining and Aurora's eyes welled up with unshed tears.

"My nephew did this to you?.......how could he?"