The aftermath

After the sentences were dished out and everyone left the courtroom I fell on my knees and sobbed, my mate rushed to my side and held me close while saying sweet things to try to make me feel better

After the sentences were dished out and everyone left the courtroom I fell on my knees and sobbed, my mate rushed to my side and held me close while saying sweet things to try to make me feel better. But she didn't understand... these were tears of relief, I was relieved of these people's negative energy and constant abuse, I was relieved of their harassment and bullying and above all else, I was relieved of my loneliness.

I have a pack, my pack who I will help lead. Now I can focus on that future with my mate by my side and forget my past issues of abandonment and abuse... I can move on. After calming down I gave my mate the biggest hug "Thank you, Valentina, can we go home now?"

I asked ready to leave and bury this place in the back of my mind "Yes we can, but my uncle said he needs us in his office before we leave.. something about your heritage.." Valentina explained "what about it? I don't have a heritage since I have no parents," I said nonchalantly but still slightly curious about what the alpha had to say.
After gathering ourselves I took my mate's hand and we made our way to the pack office.

Upon entering the Alpha's office I saw that both the Alpha and beta couples were present and had an intense look on their faces "Niece, miss Sky, please take a seat" the alpha began, and after we were seated the Beta began to explain "Miss Sky, after the events of today in court we don't mean to keep you here longer than is needed but this is very important. My mate and I have managed to piece together your birth certificate and would like to present it to you along with this letter.
Please read the letter first and then open the envelope, that way you can grasp why some things occurred as they did in your life"

he finished saying while handing me a white envelope with my name written on it and a yellow manilla envelope containing what I assume to be my birth certificate, "how come you of all people could complete my birth certificate when the pack's registry denied ever having my parent's names on record the last time I called?" I asked a bit angry and confused "Well it's because we know who your parents are, and after meeting you, we recognized that they ruined your life by leaving you... you deserved everything your siblings had and it's just not fair how you have been treated" Beta Allura said.

"My siblings... I have siblings!? why did they dump me and keep the others... was I not a good baby, did I do something wrong?" I started to ramble as my hands shook and tears slowly made their way out of my eyes. My mate simply held me close and tried to calm me down as the Alpha and Beta couples looked on with pity, yeah... they pity the little abused orphan girl who now apparently was never an actual orphan.

"Why would you hide something like that, she had the right to know who her parents were and why they left her behind.... she should know" Valentina spoke within an angered growl. As she spoke I wiggled out of her embrace and ripped open the letter that I had received and sat down to read its contents...

'Dear Alaïa, we wrote this letter several times not knowing what to say that would suffice the way we feel. Our whole lives we knew we were meant to be together, and when we found out we were mates it came as no surprise... we got married at 21 and had our first baby, a boy, at 22. Then our second, third, and fourth consecutively after. But by then we decided that it was enough, four beautiful, strong, healthy children, 3 boys and one girl, were enough to fill our home with joy and adventure. But when our 4th child was only 5 weeks old we found out that we were pregnant with you... our fifth baby, our second girl.

The fifth pregnancy was the hardest of all on your mother, she got sick and had to be put on bed rest for over six months and the kids were pulling away from her as she was too weak to play with them. We started to resent the fact that were had been so irresponsible and gotten pregnant again while we still had a newborn in the house that needed constant care. Because of this, we moved to your mother's previous pack temporarily to get help with the kids from your grandmother. Then, five and a half months later you were born... Alaïa, like my great grandmother, Regina, meaning sovereign Queen and ruler like your great grandmother on your father's side, and initially we were madly in love with your tiny little face.

Sadly, you were a sickly and small baby compared to your older siblings. You were underweight and refused to eat for the first year of your life. We were so busy trying to keep you alive that we never actually got the chance to bond with you, then once you were about a yeah and a half, you were getting better at eating and were an all-around happy child... but we just felt nothing, no bond like we had with our four others. And your siblings didn't care much about playing with you as you had always been so frail and small that they were afraid that they would break you if they touched you. And in any case they were still young enough to forget the little bond they had formed with you until that point, especially your then 3 year old sister, who was the one most attached to you out of everyone, including us. Your grandmother warned us that you would be a weak, needy child that brought our family hardships and misfortunes and that it would be best for us to give you up while we still could.

So we decided that it would be best to put you up for adoption, to a family who did have a place in their heart that was all ready and open to you, we took you to the orphanage ourselves and decided to delete ourselves from your life so that you wouldn't have the burden of this family hanging over you. We told your older siblings that you had passed away, and because you were so sickly and frail it wasn't questioned by anyone. We are so truly sorry that you went through all that abuse, especially at the hands of those who should have been your protectors, and if we could go back we would have done much better by you sweetheart.

We are truly and deeply sorry.

Sincerely Your parents'.

After I was done reading the two-page letter i was so numb that I ripped the envelope and read their names over and over again to make sure I wasn't going crazy.... it couldn't be.

"Parents: Beta Allura Sky and Beta Andrew Sky of Orchid Moon"