Mates

"She's your mate?"

"She's your mate?"

I honestly don't blame Aurora for her bewilderment, I am also coming to terms with the fact that the beautiful creature sound asleep on my lap is my mate... and also that she happens to be a girl.

"Yeah, and she's sleeping," I said still annoyed at Aurora's volume, both Elody and Alaïa were sleeping and they deserve to rest without disturbances, "have you told your dad?" Aurora asked in a softer tone while putting down her grocery bags "No... and I don't know what he'll say. We have never had a gay alpha couple... what if he gets mad at us?"

If there is one thing I hate most in the world is my father's face of disappointment, it's almost as if I put a knife through him with my words or actions and the thought of him possibly disowning me or kicking me out of the pack is terrifying, even for a badass like me. "After they wake up we'll go see him," Aurora said in her regular tone which caused my mate to open her eyes and let out a cute yawn
"what are we doing?........"

"Hi beauty, we were just saying that since you're my mate we have to go visit my dad to tell him the good news," Valentina said while pulling my entire body onto her lap in one quick swoop, damn she's strong

"Hi beauty, we were just saying that since you're my mate we have to go visit my dad to tell him the good news," Valentina said while pulling my entire body onto her lap in one quick swoop, damn she's strong. "What will he think when he finds out we're both girls and I'm a wimp on top of that," I asked with a million scenarios running through my head "well, either he understands or we find a different pack... either way, you're stuck with me beauty," Valentina said giving me an Eskimo kiss.

Suddenly baby Elody was heard through the monitor and I got up and went to get her, Aurora insisted on doing it but she still had groceries in the car and all over the kitchen to put away. When I picked her up and saw the time on my watch I noticed that it was already time for her next bottle. "Hey princess... I hope you had a nice nap like the one I just had..." I began saying to baby Elody who seems to be interested in what I'm saying even though she probably doesn't understand a single word.

I grabbed her purple Avent bottle and took her to the kitchen where I re-washed the bottle and warmed up her pumped milk from the freezer, and while all that was happening I saw my mate walking towards us with a burp cloth and Elody's bib in hand, I swear she can read my mind because I was just about to go get those.

"Here babe, go sit in the rocking chair and I'll bring her milk once it's done warming up..." she said handing me the bib and cloth and giving me a quick peck on the cheek, which you can imagine is as red as can be because she called me babe... "I'll go wait then, thank you so much" I replied and made my way to the rocking chair in the nursery and getting Elody ready for her bottle, which Valentina brought almost immediately after I sat down.

"I'm very close to my father, we are inseparable so I'm not too worried about his reaction to you. However, the elders are a completely different thing so we'll take it one day at a time" Valentina spoke bringing me a bit of inner peace in this stressful situation. Just knowing that regardless of what others said she wouldn't leave me is enough for me, I have her now and that's what matters. Maybe sensing my inner dialogue Elody lifted her little hand to the one I was using to hold her bottle and started to play with my fingers, further helping me to release my nerves a bit more.