Aunt?

"He's your nephew?" I asked a speechless Aurora who seemed entranced for a while after I gave her such difficult information to process

"Tell me everything, from the beginning and keep nothing to yourself, I'll record it so you don't have to re-live it again when you meet the alpha," Aurora told me with slight anger in her tone even though her face showed only compassion and love towards me.

"Okay... After you met Raider and left the pack, I no longer had you there to make sure I was okay. So the headmistress stopped caring whether I had clothes and shoes that fit, or if I ate or not. But thanks to your care packages and my then friend Krystal I had enough clothes, and shoes that didn't fit her anymore would be passed down to me... " I started explaining while making sure that she was paying attention.

"A few years passed like that, now and again I'd think that you didn't care anymore but right around those days another letter with a care package would arrive from you.....thank you." As I said these words she covered her mouth with one hand as to not sob and ruin the recording.
"When I turned 11 I entered middle school, there I was put in the same class as twelve-year-old Jayden Talon Sky, the next in line to be beta of the orchid moon pack. He despised the fact that an orphan had the same last name as him and that triggered the bullying on his part. He says that I am a filthy mutt and don't deserve a last name at all... much less his."

I paused for a little while because of the evident shock on Aurora's face, but then I remembered the recording and kept going "The bullying continued throughout middle school and high school, all his friends decided to join him in his painful tortures as well. Krystal whom I thought was my best friend found out that her mate was the future alpha so she also joined in the bullying. Samantha, the daughter of the second in command, and her friends Melissa and Kadence would lock me in the bathroom sometimes or spread rumors about me being a..... a prostitute around the school.

The alpha's son Sean would occasionally throw a few insults at me as well.... saying that when he became alpha he would throw me out of the pack for being weak" I once again took a breather only to see that shock and pain were written everywhere on Aurora's face.

"Nobody would object to what they were doing because they were the future leaders of the entire pack... nobody wanted to get on their bad side as I had. But in the end, what happened to me was that Jayden wanted to touch me inappropriately in an alleyway when I was walking back from school to the orphanage. I kneed him hard and he got very angry, to the point where he dragged me to the western border and started attacking me in my human form."

I continued but was cut off by Aurora "why didn't you shift Alaïa?" She asked tears already soaking her shirt "Well, when you left..my wolf Juno became depressed, she...just like me felt alone and abandoned in a way, since you were the only one who kept us safe.
We had nobody else, the headmistress would punish me brutally for not eating at lunchtime, and I started losing a lot of weight because of that.

When Raider found me I was in wolf form... it was the first time I had shifted since my first shift at age 10. If I hadn't shifted I would have died on that forest floor" I explained to Aurora who stopped the recording and started bawling her eyes out.

"I should have never left you... I am so so so sorry baby, they hurt you so bad... it was all my fault" she started rambling and I placed my hand on her shoulder.
"You had no way of knowing, you did the right thing by moving here with your mate and having that beautiful baby girl. I know you tried to take me many times, so I don't blame you, I could never. They are the ones that should feel guilty since they probably think I'm dead by now and don't care" I finished.

"I want to meet the alpha, I need to ask him something..." I told Aurora who mind-linked Raider and asked right away  "He'll see you Thursday," Aurora said.
"Enough time to make a full recovery," Juno said, and then I knew what I wanted to do.

******* A few days later *******

It's Thursday morning... 4 Am to be precise and I'm already up... since Aurora and Raider are letting me stay for free, I asked to become Elody's nanny, and this baby girl wakes up exactly at 4.15 Am for her second feeding of the day... the first one is at 12.15 Am but Aurora insists on taking on that one so I can sleep enough without interruptions.

"Good morning baby girl... It's time to take your bottle, are you a hungry girl today?" I cooed at Elody who just woke up, began moving around a bit, and smiled up at me. I picked her up out of her crib and sat down on the rocking chair in her room, I made sure she had her bib on and I a burp cloth on my shoulder before I started feeding her. As she drank, I lightly rocked her back and forth, so she could fall asleep easier after I burped her later.

"Good morning sweetheart...And short stack" Raider said when he walked past the open nursery door and saw me feeding his daughter, it has only been a week but I felt as if Raider was the fun uncle I never had. He gave me a new nickname and is very caring and nice to me all the time. He wakes up around 4.30 to check on the patrols and witness the night shift guards leave when the day shift arrives.... he also makes killer french toast for breakfast pretty often.

Two days ago my brace was taken off and my ribs were back to normal, my back still hurts from time to time but that was about it, Thank goddess for wolf healing.
"Hey short stack, can I burp her today? she reminds me of myself when she burps," he said wiping a fake tear from under his eye. So I stood up with a chuckle and let him take the burp cloth and then the baby.
"Raider, at what time am I meeting the alpha later?"

I asked as he gently started burping Elody with soft taps on her back "At noon, he invited us for lunch. Rory bought you a dress yesterday and some shoes, you should wear that" he said with a soft smile.

"Did she send the recording to him?" I asked Raider who's face suddenly scrunched up slightly in anger at the mention of what happened to me. "Yes she did, and he heard it... He sent his daughter over there two days ago to inform the alpha that you were found beaten up by the beta's kid and will be living here now where you are safe."

"Your alpha has a daughter?" I asked feeling slightly curious "He has 4 children.... The eldest is my niece Valentina who is 17, then there's her twin Horace Jr. Also 17, Lucía is 15 and That little 10-year-old devil Emiliano," he said with a slight chuckle. "Are they nice?" I asked feeling a little intimidated "They are the nicest people around" he answered truthfully.

I really hope that's true.