Who are you?

It feels like my body is on fire

It feels like my body is on fire... I can't open my eyes, the pain is unbearable but I have to get up... Finally, I can see something, trees... the sky is getting darker and darker.
I am NOT dying here... I can't.

With a loud groan, I manage to sit up despite the piercing pain everywhere and I try to look around, for a building or a person...... heck, a street lamp, I only see trees and the sky that is slowly filling up with stars "Juno... where are we?" I asked my wolf who seems to be cowering inside my head "I don't know... and it's getting cold, we're gonna die" she whimpered, shift... I have to shift or else I'll die of hypothermia in these woods. Plus I'll heal faster and maybe the predators might get scared of possibly trying to eat me.

"Juno, I know you're scared but please you have to come out or else we die.... there's nobody around, they won't see you... it's just you and me. Please." I pleaded to my wolf and after a while, she let out a shaky breath and shifted.

If I was already in pain, it tripled... I felt so much pain that I almost passed out again, "Good Juno, now we rest and tomorrow we find our way back," I said in a tired voice "I am NOT going back there... this is our chance to find Aurora in her new pack," Juno said with a slightly hopeful tone "Yeah... nothing good awaits us at that pack anymore, we have to go to Jade Moon," I said before falling into a very deep sleep.

*******A few hours later*********

"You there... Shift!" I heard a booming voice that woke me up abruptly, I only nodded my head and again painfully shifted into my battered frail human body letting out a stream of groans and whimpers
"Alpha Horace, we have a young female at the western border, in pretty bad shape... looks like she got beat up by someone" I could hear the man who woke me up talking to someone through a walkie talkie "What's your name? what pack are you from?" He asked me and I could only whimper back "You need a doctor sweetheart... c'mon," he said as he wrapped me up in his shirt and carefully picked me up walking in a random direction.

A few minutes later we arrived at a building that looked like a small clinic "okay sweetheart, the doctors are gonna check you out and I'll be right out here waiting until my wife comes, she's the beta female and she'll probably help you out better than I can" he explained and I gave him a small smile, he's kind.

The doctors put me in this strange scanning device and then they put a brace on my left arm and bandaged up my chest, I have bruised ribs and a sprained wrist, I also got stitches in different places and I was put on strong painkillers. But the worst thing was the huge scar I got on my back... it was deep and jagged and it hurt like hell, the doctor said that it will heal but he can't guarantee that I won't be marked for life.........great.

Beta Raider left a few minutes ago when his wife arrived, but I still haven't seen her, he told me that I was in a different pack but I honestly can't remember which one, because I was so in pain when he told me. Then suddenly a familiar scent hit my nose........ Aurora... she's here.

I tried my best to scream for her but it came out as a whimper "Aurora... where are you?" Then suddenly the room door opened and there she was, she looked just the same as I remember, my eyes welled up with tears as I saw her kind face again "Alaïa?..., Alaïa baby what happened to you" she said with a hand over her mouth and tears in her eyes "who did this baby?" She asked laying her hand on my forehead "I missed you.." I spoke in a very low voice, I doubt she could even hear me.

"I missed you more sweetie... I'm taking you home with me as soon as they let you out, I see that they didn't care for you properly over there..... you're all skin and bones baby" she said with a little gasp as she took in my appearance properly. "I'm sorry, I should have never left you," she said softly caressing my face, and this was all I needed to fall back into a deep sleep.

I feel safe now in this new place.