Another Reunion (Finale)

Y/N's pov

Yang: So let me get this straight... he turned you into a child with his semblance, then came back to kill us but you killed him... and had to go through "that" again

Nodding she frowned and came over as i had a blanket wrapped over myself, she sat beside me and rubbed my back gently despite the feeling of my skin.

Yang: I'm so sorry i... i didn't believe you earlier

I shook my head and placed my hand atop her other one, her prosthetic arm. She looked to me before i gave her a slight smile.

Grabbing my jacket i slipped it on before picking up some bandages and wrapping it around my mouth.

Me: It's okay... it would've been hard to believe for anyone. Especially because it's... well me

Hearing a tap at the window we slowly turned to see a silhouette. Grabbing my gun i slowly got up and slowly walked towards it.

Opening it and pointing my gun i was quickly tackled into a hug and down onto the ground making Yang jump up.

Looking down i saw... Neo!? She had her face buried in my chest making Yang draw back her arm, cocking her weapon.

Me: W-Wait a minute, let's hear her out

Yang hesitated before sighing and lowering her arm, Neo raised her head and smiled at me before getting off and standing up as i did the same.

She took out her scroll and typed me a message.

Neo: Your voice sounds as good as i thought it'd be

This... didn't make Yang happy because she was basically flirting with me so i held my hands up between them.

Ms: Just calm down you two... Neo, why are you here?

Neo: To help you

Yang: I don't believe that one bit

Neo: It's true... ever since that day i haven't been able to stop thinking about what Y/N did for me. I want to know why

Lowering my arms i sighed and looked to her, she had an expecting look about her as she slowly lowered her scroll.

Why did i do it? Was if because i care about her or was it just the right thing to do, 'cause she didn't deserve it.

Me: I... don't really know.

Yang: So what, you just did it on a whim?

I hesitated before nodding, this seemed to disappoint them both so i sat down, resting one arm atop my knee.

Neo: Do i mean anything to you?

Me: You... helped me through a tough time, for no reason at all and i'm really grateful for that. Why did come to find me?

She took a moment, hanging her head before she sighed silently and typed a message.

Neo: I care about you... whether it was because of the way you are or because you saved me, i don't know

Yang: Care about him? You barely know him

Neo: If i didn't care about him then why am i warning you about Cinder, she'll be here in a few hours

Yang looked to her in shock as i nodded slightly, i knew she'd come soon. Getting up i saw Neo walk over to me before handing me my old gun.

I looked to her before smiling under the bandages and taking it, checking the magazine i saw it was full before closing it.

Yang: Can you... face her again?

Me: Yeah, but i don't plan if the rest of you are around. You'd be affected by my Semblance...

Timeskip

Sitting atop a roof i looked out into the view, the sky was dark with the shattered moon and stars shining to give some illumination.

Hearing feet hit the ground i glanced over my shoulder to see Cinder wearing a new outfit, like Neo.

Cinder: Accepting your death are you?

Me: Yeah... i haven't got anything to fight or work towards

I stood up and faced her, she smirked as a sword appeared in her hand. As she walked forward i let out a few breaths a dropped my weapon

Cinder: I won't make this quick

Me: I didn't expect you to

She ran forward as i closed my eyes, as she got close Neo released her Semblance making her and Yang become visible beside me.

Opening my eyes i saw hers widen before Neo lunged forward with her umbrella blade and Yang punched forward.

Cinder raised her sword in defence and blocked the two attacks so i quickly pulled down my bandages and grabbed her face.

Flames flared up around her but i pulled her into a kiss, the toxic haze filling her insides as the flames died down.

She dropped her weapon as i pulled away, the haze leaking from her mouth as she fell onto the ground, her body melting down.

I wiped my mouth with my sleeve before pulling my bandages back up as she became nothing but a pile of mush.

Yang: That was... disgusting

She had turned around and covered her mouth, trying to keep herself from throwing up, Neo had looked away.

Me: She's done for...

Picking up her weapon i held it to the sky before it began disappearing, fading away as cinders flowed away in the gentle breeze.

Me: Thank you... both of you

Timeskip

Yang: Y/N! Come on!

Me: Give me... give me a moment

I bend over, placing my hands on my knees as i panted. Getting up i followed her as we approached the top of a hill.

Looking out to the view in shock, Yang looked to me and grabbed my hand as she grew a smile.

Me: We made it, huh?

Yang: It didn't take long

Me: My legs don't work like they used to before

?: Mamma!

Turning around we saw Yizhen, our daughter, running towards as. Neo was behind her, looking apologetic.

Yang crouched down and opened her arms before she jumped into them, i smiled slightly as Neo got close.

Yang: What're you doing here?

Yizhen: Aunty Neo was being mean... she wouwdn't wet me weaw my haiw down

Me: She wasn't huh?

Neo looked away sheepishly and scratched the back of her head, i chuckled as Yang let go of her and came over to me holding hair ties.

Yizhen: Dadda, can you do the thing

Nodding to took them from her, pulling down my face mask i breathed out gently on them as they evaporated making her giggle and clap

They interacted as i gazed into the distance, the smile staying on my face as i thought back to what brought us here... it was worth it all

Neo: You doing okay?

Me: Yeah, i was just thinking

(Ooh boy, it's been a wild ride. I got off the path nearing the end but i'm grateful for every one of you who stuck around and got this story as far as it did. Many thanks, Super761 and as always, Lemme know what you think)