Feeling Unwelcome

(10k reads bois)

Y/N's pov

Qrow: The city of Mistral

Nora: Ugh! It's about time! Whose idea was it to walk again?

Walking through a brick tunnel, filled with lanterns i sighed and ran my hand across my bandaged head.

Me: Who asked for your pointless commentary?

Nora: You wanna throw down mummy man?!

Me: I'll melt you

Glaring at her she backed down, shrinking in fear slightly under my gaze.

Ren: ...Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements...

Nora: Weird, mummy men who can melt things with his breath

Jaune: Oh and you know, all those people and monsters that tried to MURDER US.

Me: Suck it up

He looked to me with a raised eyebrow whike i kept looking forward

Me: What's one crazed faunas compared to a whole hospital filled with them

Nora: Jeez, taken your Fluoxetine yet?

Me: No, just some kick ass pain killers

Ruby: Language! And we were fine! Only one of us-

Me: Two

Ruby: Two of us almost died, that's still the original four left!

Qrow: Hey!

He looked back to her as she smiled nervously, scratching the back of her head.

Jaune: So how much further to Haven Academy?

Qrow: Almost there... I'd figured i'd take you kids on the scenic route

I leaned close to Ruby and whispered to her

Me: He just wanted a good sight before he keels over from old age

She giggled as we stopped at a door. Qrow pushed them open making me cover my eyes from the light.

It died down as we walked out onto a balcony over looking Haven which was... an astonishing sight.

All built into the mountains yet it seems so seemless that you wouldn't notice, almost as if it wad always a part of the mountains.

Ruby: This... is... AWESOME!

Me: And those were my eardrums popping

Qrow: It's certainly something.

Ruby: OH MY GOSH! LOOK AT ALL THE WEAPONS!

Me: Speaking of, i should probably get a secondary one...

Qrow: Vendors here will sell you just about anything. Whether they should or not

Guess i know where i'm retiring then, sll the painkillers a man could dream of

Jaune: They really made the most out of these mountains!

Qrow: Every inch. But stay away from the lower levels... the higher up you go, the nicer it gets.

Nora: And we are going UP!

She posed dramatically while pointing to the sky

Me: You guys go on ahead, i'll go exploring

Ruby: Huh? Aren't you coming to Haven with us?

Me: I'm an ex Huntsman-in-training Ruby, i got kicked out so i doubt i'll be allowed in

Jaune: It wouldn't hurt to try

Me: You can ask him for me, i don't want to see him reject my plea

Timeskip

Despite Qrow's words of warning i found myself in the lower levels, trudging past the low lives and criminals of this place.

Stepping past a guy i snagged his wallet from his pocket and placed it in my own. If there's one thing i know about places like this, that would be you can get info.

But info isn't cheap, so i need all the money i can get. Hearing a shout from behind me i smirked before hearing another as a fight ensued.

People ran past me to go see it, giving me the opportunity to snag a few more. I was always good with my hands...

Approaching a bar i let out a sigh and walked in, people were drinking and chatting although turned to me when pushed the doors open.

One guy approached me while i stared down a... "curvy" woman in purple who had blonde hair and two guards beside her.

?: Hey buddy, you bett-

Taking out my gun i pressed it against the bottom of his head pushing it up slightly. He went to grab his own so i moved my hand down and knee capped him.

He began screaming in pain, clutching his knee as the two guards aimed at me but the woman raised her hand.

?: Now now, wouldn't want more bodies would we?

They lowered their guns as i did the same, the guy was dragged off as i came over and sat down across from her.

?: I'm Little Miss Malachite but you can call me sugar, sweetheart

Me: Sure you would still be saying that if you saw me under the bandages?

?: I've learnt affection is more than just based on looks, as for me i like a man who can take action

Chuckling i ran a hand across my head, briefly unwrapping the bandages around my mouth i took her hand and kissed the back of it.

Thankfully nothing happened so i rewrapped my mouth making her smile.

Miss Malachite: Now what can I do for you?

Me: I need to whereabouts on two people, one had long raven hair with amber eyes although she always covers her left one. The other has Neapolitan themed hair and stands about 4'6

Miss Malachite: Ooh, now info like that is gonna be costly sweetheart

Taking the wallets out my pockets i took the money out as well as the cards and slid them towards her.

She looked at the money before raising an eye brow and smirking, i rolled my eyes before taking out the strong painkillers i was given.

She looked at the pill bottle and saw the dosage making which made her keep her smirked before dragging the rest towards her.

Miss Malachite: Thank you kindly. It should take us about two weeks to get the info.

Me: Right... thanks

Miss Malachite: Hold on a moment. I want to ask you something, what would you do to something you fear? See, i feared spiders but the world needs them. So instead of fearing them, i made the spiders work for me

Me: Why are you telling me this?

Miss Malachite: Make what you fear work in your favor, then get your revenge

(Lemme know what you think)