The Foe With Great Genius

Y/N's pov

I hung my head as i sighed, Atlas was cold, even more so during this time of year. The bench i sat on was luckily spared from the snow although that couldn't be said about everything.

When i heard that from mom... i expected something like that from her, ever the controlling person, she always has to be right.

Standing up i let out a breath, it blocked from becoming visible due to my bandages, even if it wasn't it'd way do more harm then good.

Even though i wanted to say something, i couldn't do due it just being so... encoded into me, don't talk back and listen.

Yet when i didn't listen and left Atlas i became a horrible person, having no filter and not restricting myself which lead me to here.

Walking through the streets my feet crunched under the snow, placing my hands in my pockets i remembered i had left my gun in my holster... which was in my bag.

It's not like i need it, i just like having it with me, as a form of comfort strangely enough. Passing by a store i looked to see a T.V playing a news report.

T.V: And now, to our reporter on the scene, Lisa Lavender

Lisa: Thank you Derek. The recent attack on Argus military base has left it without it's greatest form of defence and many airships. The aggressors have been unidentified yet one picture was taken of a prime suspect

A picture of me appeared on the screen making my eyes widen, they managed to get a picture of behind me as i was wearing my bandages.

Panicking i ripped them off my head and quickly threw them away, breathing through my nose as my scarred and burnt skin was hit by cold air.

I looked around and entered a clothes store, quickly walking through the aisles and grabbing a leather jacket with a hood as well as some other clothes.

Entering a changing room i changed my clothes, keeping the bullet proof vest on underneath that jacket.

Now wearing the jacket, a beige shirt, jeans and snow boots i walked out the changing room and left the store having taken off the tags.

Pulling my hood up i hurried walked through the streets, glancing around as anxiety replaced my common sense.

?: Stop right there

Freezing i slowly peered my head around to see a tall, lanky man with tanned skin, thinning hair with grey parts and a moustache.

?: You seem to be running from something, or someone...

He walked over to a bench and sat down, it being undercover so it was saved from the snow. He patted beside him so i cautiously came over.

?: My name is Arthur Watts, and i'm a scientist here, well... former scientist. If it was up to me i would like to ask you many questions and perform some experiments.

Backing up slightly i gritted my teeth, hidden by closed lips. He stared me in the eyes before standing up and grabbing my wrist.

Arthur: I was told to make sure you die by Salem, but between you and me i despise the woman. So i'll do this instead.

My eyes began feeling heavy as i felt weak, stumbling back as he let go of my wrists i saw him smirk before waving to me.

Arthur: Sleep tight, and remember, you owe me for this.

Yang's pov

I wondered through the streets as i looked for Y/N, i stepped on something other then snow which stuck to my boot.

Raising it i saw it was some kind of wet cloth, taking it off i saw that it was connected to a more of the cloth, almost like bandages.

I heard some angrily grumbling so i glanced over to see a store owner holding a, slightly dirty, button up white shirt with circular patches on it's sleeves and pants.

That kind of looks like... Y/N's shirt. Shaking my head i continued walking as i looked around only to see a crowd in the distance.

Going over i saw a man walking away but didn't pay anymore attention to him, pushing through the crowd i saw an unconscious kid in clothes that were way too big for him.

?: How awful, to think there are homeless around here

?: Someone should take him away

He looked to be around six years old and had H/C hair with (S/C skin). Going over to the kid and people wondered what was happening i shook his slightly.

Me: Hey kid, are you okay?

He grumbled as his eyes slowly opened, people began dispersing due to me "handling" things. The kid's eyes opened and looked to me

Me: You okay?

?: What happened...?

His eyes widened as he slapped his hands over his mouth, getting up he stumbled back and fell on his butt before moving his hands.

He looked to them in shock after pulling the sleeves up, he observed his hands like he'd never seen them before.

Me: Where are you parents?

?: M-My parents? I don't... what's going on?

Me: Let me help you. My name is Yang, and i'm a huntress

He looked up to me in surprise before it went away, almost like he forgot what he was thinking.

?: O-Okay, i... i'm Y/N

Offering him a hand he took it and i pulled him up and carried him, his clothes too big for him to walk properly in.

Me: Funny, that's the name of my boyfriend

(Lemme know what you think)