No Safe Haven

Y/N's pov

We were thrown back but managed to land by the Grimm, panting i looked to Qrow who layed there unconscious before gritting my teeth.

It trotted out the smoke and huffed, stopping the part ontop of it shot up and let out a harrowing screech which made a small shockwave.

It snapped it's head towards us before turning to Qrow, Jaune rsn towards him and rolled through an attack from its stretched arm.

He lifted Qrow up but the Grimm began galloping towards him so i ran and started shooting at it, the bullets had little affect but it stopped and looked to me.

Me: Take Qrow and run!

I hopped atop a ruines house and kept shooting at it making the Grimm chase after me, it stretched it's arm out and tried to grab me but i managed to slide under it.

Pushing myself up i dove into the building through a piece of collapsed roof and started to hurriedly take off the bandages around my head.

Its arm crashed through the wall and hit me in the side making me slamming into the wall. I was grabbed and started to be dragged out so i shot at the arm.

The bullets did nothing and i found myself outside until i flung my into a tower. Crashing through the wall i let out a pained gasp as the wind was knocked out of me.

Hearing gunshots and slamming outside i pushed myself up shakily and shook my head, why aren't they listening!? I can get this over with as long as they're not here!

I climbed out the tower and saw that it had grabbed Ren's arms, jumping down onto the roof from before i saw that Qrow was nowhere in sight.

Jaune: Guy! Keep moving, go in a circle!

Nora fired at it making the Grimm let go of Ren, he began running as i took the opportunity to take off my bandages... whatever you do... don't scream

They ran around, jumping and dodging over shooting at them. Grimm are attracted to negative emotions.... think, think about the worst

*flashback start*

Cinder: Well done, you haven't screamed yet... only problem is this isn't anywhere nesr the end. So keep you're mouth shut unless you want them to die

*flashback end*

I was snapped out my thoughts when i heard a screech, looking up insaw the Grimm galloping at me while the others tried to get it's attention back.

Taking in a deep breath I went to breathe out through my mouth but Jaune ran up to it and sliced it's leg. The Grimm punted him back before he combined his sword and shield.

He charged at the Grimm before Ruby began firing at it, Jaune slashed it's back leg again making it cry out in pain and spin around.

Raising my arms in defence we were all knocked back by it's arms making a small amount of haze come out my mouth, a few moments later it dissipated.

What the hell? Why isn't it like before!? The Grimm brought it's arms back as its spikes on it's back extended while it twitched and shreiked.

We had to cover our ears due to how loud it was although Ren ran up a tree and fired at it. The Grimm quickly pinned him into a wall before Ruby launched Nora

She managed to stop it's arm but was caught in the wall herself. The Grimm began slamming her around, eventually releasing her as she rolled along the ground.

Getting up shakily i saw Ren planting the blades of his weapon into the Grimm and shooting at it, Jaune slashed at it's back leg making it let Ren go.

He dashed at it, deflecting an arm before he was nailed in the face by another being thrown back. Ren got back up and ran towards it but was caught from behind.

Eventually he was released and rolled over, laying beside Nora while being parted from his weapons. I growled and took a deep breath again... not again, people will die because i couldn't act fast enough!

Me: HEY!

The toxic haze came spewing out my mouth once again as i was surrounded in the gas, giving me the same appearence as back in the hospital.

The Grimm turned to me and dragged it arms back towards itself, hopping down from the building, the gas spread while melting the building i was stood on.

Ruby: Y/N...?

It charged towards me while i took steps forwards, i let out a breath making the gas spread even further. The Grimm threw it's arm forward to grab me but reeled it's arm away once it touched the gas.

The tips of it's fingers began melting making it screech in pain and twitch violently

Me: RUN NOW!

Thankfully, they finally complied although Nora seemed to have to drag Ren away before i went sprinting towards the Grimm.

It tried getting me from underneath and tried tripping me up but that didn't work makung it try and draw it's arm back.

Hopping onto it's arm i ran along it before landing on the Grimm's horse like back, grabbing the sides of its human like face i breathed out heavily.

The Grimm shrieked in pain, stumbling around and attempting to get me off. The gas began melting away at the it, it's screeches slowly becoming more gurgled.

It threw me off making me crash into the side of a building, looking up i saw the Grimm fall to it's knees making me close my mouth.

Slowly it turned into nothing more then a pile of nothingness, the shrieks now none existant as a black smoke came out from the top of the purple haze.

Around thirty seconds later the haze dissipated as the others came out, Ruby and Jaune helping Qrow walk with his arms over their shoulders.

Hearing whirring as i took out a roll of bandages and wrapping them around my face i looked to see airships coming in, most likely from the Grimm smoke

They managed to get Qrow onto a stretcher as we got on the airships, watching the scenery pass us by while i finished wrapping myself.

Jaune: How did you find us our here?

Pilot: We were on patrol and saw the smoke. Nobody's been out here for years, thought something might be wrong.

Ruby: What if we don't make it in time?

Jaune: Ruby...

Looking up i saw the Kingdon of Mistral... i haven't been here, but man does it look beatiful from up here.

Ruby: We made it, Uncle Qrow

After all this... it's just the next step for me. I'll find you Cinder, and when i do i'll be sure to tell you the same thing... don't scream

(Lemme know what you think)