Chapter 14 - Lonely?

Chapter 14

Recap

Setsuna was one of the last of the room to leave, as was Mayonaka, Kuro and Toshiro. Ibiki had noticed this and let a wide smug grace his rough features. "Kanashimi!" The large mans call caught the midnight blue-haired girls attention, as well as the others, and she stopped on the spot to see what he wanted. Setsuna was sure that Ibiki knew that the quicker she folowed Anko the better, so what would he possible need? 

After a small nod, Ibiki lost the grin and smiled softly. "Good luck and be careful. Your on your own in the exam and the second test will surely be difficult" Ibiki had no idea as to why he was even warning the young girl, but she was the first genin to ever take the exams alone, a girl at that. For some reason, something was telling him to do whatever he could to make sure she knew what she was getting herself into. 'I see.. Arigatou Ibiki-san' This surprised Ibiki. He didn't think that the girl would thank him, in such a kind voice at that. 

With a simple nod of her head, Setsuna turned around to follow after Mayonaka, taking Ibiki's warning to heart.

X~Story Start~X

Setsuna's gaze met that of the deadly forest before her: The larger than average trees trying their best to freak her out, the gate surrounding the greenland giving off the feeling that something wasn't right about what it was proctecting them from and the many noises of animals that couldn't be like any she'd ever came across before coplaining about having nothing to feast their beastly fangs into - of course, the blue-haired girl didn't feel like this was anything worth fearing over.

Even though she should have been listening to what Akno (the proctor for the second exam) was saying, she hadn't. The whole time, Setsuna had either been playing lightly with the strings of her shamisen as she sat gracefully against a tree or staring off into space - which was actual in the direction of the 'Forest of Death' as Anko had first called it.

Though she wasn't listening to most of it, that didn't mean she wasn't taking in what was she was supposed to do when she was inside the forest. If she didn't know what she was supposed to do, then she was sure to end up dead.

Setsuna's thoughts wondered and the image of her brother - Sentaro - began to form, clear as day at the front of her mind. Said person had been informed that he had to go on a mission yesterday evening and had left Setsuna at the break of dawn with a hug and an unsuspected kiss to the cheek.

The blue-haired girl touched a hand to said cheek, her fingers running across the smooth, porcelain skin as a feeling overcame her... was she lonely? Normally, before arriving at the village hidden in the leaves, Sentaro and Setsuna would go everywhere together. But these days, Sentaro has been leaving for longer and longer each time. A single question arose from suspicion

'Does he not want to live beside me any longer?'

Hearing the sound of the footsteps of a unwell-trained ninja approach her spot under the nice shade of the tree, Setsuna stopped the movement of her thin fingers as they ran themselves silently over her cheek and slowly tilted her head upwards.

The figure was slightly clouded in shadows from the sun shining down behind her, but you could still see the outline of her long red china dress and long silky pink hair. To setsuna - she looked like a goddess sent down from heaven to finally guide her towards her death. Perhaps she finally would be able to release her hold on what remained in the world?

Sparkling green eyes gazed down at her softly.

Sakura frowned slightly at the sight of Setuna's expression as said girl glanced up at her. It was similar to the expression that had formed on Zabuza's face as he was sent to his death with Haku by his side; an expression of relief - as though she could finally be released from the pain that she had been baring since the beginning of her life. A question formed in the pinkettes mind

'What pain could she bare that she makes such an expression'