Chapter 3 - Introductions

Chapter 3

(Setsuna's POV)

'Sentaro.. are you ready?' I called to my brother as I began opening the front door. "I'll be there in a sec, hold on" Was his reply. I sighed and fiddled with my Shamisen which I carry around at all times. After around half a minute, Sentaro finally steps out from the bedroom with his headband over his right eye and a jonin vest on. I look him over and nod approvingly 'You look good' "Why thank you. So do you Setsuna, as usual"

We begin walking towards the academy, today was the day that we would find out what teams we were on. I wanted to be on the same one as Sentaro because I hate being away from him, but don't know if it's possible. Afterall, it is the hokage's choice, whoever goes on which team.

As soon as we opened the door to our classroom, Sentaro burst out into fits of laughter. I look over to where he was staring at before laughing and see Naruto and Sasuke kissing. I blink once, twice, a third time, before strolling up to the back desk and taking a seat beside the window. Sentaro, still chuckling every now and then, took a seat beside me and held my hand.. as usual. Once Naruto and Sasuke broke apart, Sakura and Ino glared death glares at the blond boy.

From behind, in the corner of the room, I could feel someone watching us. Glancing in said direction out of the corner of my eyes, I said 'I don't like it when people watch me from behind my back' to the Hokage. I knew that it would probably shock him a bit, but I really don't like being watched so closely.

Sighing, I tightened my grip on Sentaro's hand and on my Shamisen.

(Third Person POV - With the Hokage)

As the Hokage and many jonin surrounded the crystal ball showing the newly graduated genin, two new faces made an appearance. The boy, Sentaro, who was a newly appointed Jonin, sat at the back of the room with a younger girl, his sister. Setsuna.

They watched closely as Setsuna turned to look at them slightly. Some of the Jonin gasped in shock, muttering things like - "How can she see us?" - while other stayed silent, even though they were also surprised: just didn't show it. The Hokage was the most shocked out of everyone as he had recieved a message in his mind ''I don't like it when people watch me from behind my back' was what he had heard. The voice he had heard sounded like an echo and didn't really have a certain tone to it.

The Hokage pondered about which team he should place her in, but then came to a decision. "Kakashi, would you mind taking Setsuna?" Said Jonin looked up lazilly and sighed "What about Sentaro?" "He had told me yesterday that it would be best for him and Setsuna to be on different teams. He wants her to learn to be without him" The Hokage thought back to when Sentaro had told him this, he had had a sad glint in his eyes. The Hokage did not pry into their business as he could tell instantly just by the way the siblings act that it was a touchy subject.

"So.. are you ok with this, Kakashi?" Said man nodded, bored, however interested in what his new students would put him through, especially Setsuna - The mute, expressionless child.

(Setsuna's POV)

I listened closly as Iruka began calling the leams out and wondered which group of people I would be placed with. "Team 7.. Naruto Uzumaki-" Naruto perked up with interest and listened intently "-Sakura Haruno-" Sakura frowned whilst Naruto cheered in bliss.. 'does he like her?' I asked Sentaro, who merely shurgged "-Sasuke Uchiha-" This time Sakura cheered and Naruto slumped down "And Setsuna Kanashimi" The three turned around to watch how I would take this. However, I simply blinked and stayed the same as usual.

I turned to Sentaro, who was watching me from the corner of his eyes, frowning "Sorry Setsuna" He whispered "But you have to learn to be without me" After a moment, I nodded 'It's fine. I don't mind'