Chapter 11 - Enemies Arise

Chapter 11

*Yawn*

Sitting up in the bed, I turned to see what time it was - 8am. 'I'm late by two hours'

From beside me, I felt something shift and wrap their arms around my waist. I sighed and shook my brother awake. But, he didn't wake up. My eyebrows furrowed slightly at this. Sentaro was normally the early bird. Pealing off the blanket, my eyes widened considerately. In a flash, I was off the bed and standing by the door.

'Sentaro?' I asked, looking around the room for him. From behind my bed, I heard a yawn. Slowly, yet steadily, I made my way towards the noise, only to come face to face with Sentaro. He was in a rather peculiar position might I add. His face was on the floor and his butt was in the air. 'How can he sleep like that?' I mused as I shook him awake.

Lifting himself up into a sitting position, he wiped the sleep from his eyes and frowned at me. "How did I get on the floor?" I stared at him before pointing to the figure still on my bed, sound asleep. As soon as Sentaro looked at him, his eyes almost bulged out from their sockets. "What. the. hell?!"

Jumping up from his current position on the rather comfy ground, Sentaro kicked Mayonaka off the bed himself. A loud 'Thump' was followed soon after by a "Urgh!"

Mayonaka jumped up as well and they began a glaring contest "Why'd you kick me?" Mayonaka demanded angrily. "Why did you kick me off MY bed?" I nodded at that one and stared at Mayonaka for answers.

Seeing my look, he scratched at the back of his nack nervously "I kinda.. do things in my sleep" "What things!?" Sentaro's eyes narrowed even further as he took a single step forward. "Nothing bad! Just.. sleep walk and stuff like that. So, don't blame me if i'm suddenly not in my bed in the morning" With a shake of my head, I headed towards the bathroom, clothes in hand, ignoring the argument arising.

After getting dressed, I brushed my hair, attached my weapons in their correct places and tied my headband around my neck, loosly. My Kubikiribocho was placed under the bed for safe keeping, so kneeling down, I stretching my hand under and grabbed the handle before pulling it out gingerly.

Strapping it comfortably across my back, I picked up my Shamisen and walked into the kitchen for something to eat. Mayonaka was sitting on the couch looking bored and slightly beaten up. I rose an eyebrow at this, but didn't bother to even question it. Walking into the kitchen, I went for an apple, but someone grabbed my wrist before I could do so.

I looked at who the wrist was attached to and stared at Sentaro questionably. He shook his head and pointed to some buttered toast on the counter. "No apples, eat that" Sighing, I gave a curt nod and picked up my toast before slowly eating it whilst walking to the door. "Where are you going anyway?" I didn't stop and opened the door 'Mission' He nodded and was about to speak when he was interrupted by my panther friend.

"Hey! Setsuna, can I come with?" He asked, running towards me. I held up my hand and shook my head 'Sentaro' "Hm?" 'Take Mayonaka to Lord Hokage today. We need his answer' An instant frown took over his normally cheery features, but he nodded nonetheless. "Fine.. but you owe me one" 'Hai' Wit that said, I left and closed the door behind me, not bothering to lock it as the two were still inside.

As I walked down the busy streets of Konoha, I sighed in content. Konoha is the most peaceful village Sentaro and I had ever been to. The streets are always filled with happy families and children running around playing with their friends. It almost makes me envious of them.

In the distance, the bridge came into view. Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke were already there and Kakashi, as usual, was probably late. "Hey! Your late!" two of the three shouted whilst pointing accusing fingers at me. They seemed to be waiting for my reply, but I merely blinked twice before leaning against the railing.