Chapter 15 - An Unforgettable Smile

Chapter 15 

Recap 

Rolling up her sleeves so that she could freely use her hands, Setsuna closed her eyes and began to play the beautiful instrument in her arms - her only comfort for the next few days. The music played was dragged along with the wind all the way across the forest and anyone who could hear it sighed in content, wondering who was playing. Although, the only person in the whole chunin exams who had such an instrument was clearly Setsuna.

As she finished, Setsuna began to ponder about the next day. When she next wakes up she would have to make her way towards the tower. Hopefully she won't have to face off against anymore enemy ninja.

Who knows what tomorrow may have in store for her?

X~Story Start~X

The next few days passed by in silence for our midnight-blue haired main character. After her last encounter with the three (now dead) ninjas, Setsuna had no company other than that of herself - not good but not bad either. It seemed that she had finally succumbed to the feeling of loneliness and decided not to push it away any further. Being alone in the darkness of the massive trees that belonged only to the forest of death, Setsuna actually managed to feel relieved about the sudden acceptance of her feelings.

For so long Sentaro had been trying to convince her that having feelings weren't such a bad thing and although she felt as though they would only hinder her, the doll-like girl decided to simply embrace them - however difficult that may be.

And this is the reason as to why Setsuna was currently huddled up against a large tree on the outskirts of a clearing. It had just barely turning morning but due to the fact that the leaves were keeping the sun away, it was still rather cool. Setsuna, however, was rather lucky at this moment to have such silky yet thick material for her clothing. There was a reason why Sentaro decided to have her clothes hand-made with the best material they could find - it would keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Sitting in pure silence, Setsuna's ears began picking up the subtle movement of footsteps pounding against the forests earth floors. They were rushed and staggered; an injured ninja or more likely an enemy ninja trying to lure her out unguarded. Taking both of the reasons to heart, Setsuna sprung gracefully to her feet and stared piercingly in the direction the sounds were coming from.

It didn't take long for the enemies to appear. There were two males and one female; all looking as though they were put through a shredder and back. The possibility that they were trying to trick the midnight-haired girl, however, was still in high stakes - a few injuries wasn't going to change that fact. 

Breathing heavily, the enemy ninja glanced at Setsuna and became instantly startled, not thinking that they would cross paths with her then and there (with those injuries to boot) - they would not be able to fight and if they did, they would unmistakably lose. Dosu, passing his teammate (Zaku) with the worst wounds to Kin, slowly took a step forward as a sign of peace. He watched Setsuna sceptically before speaking, all-the-while making sure not to take his eyes off of her barely tensed muscles - as though she was not even being cautious around them. 

"We're not here to fight, just to pass through. There is no point seeing how we don't have either of the scrolls and are too injured to win against you" Almost cut off by Kin and her pride (which Dose retaliated to with a harsh glare) he continued "If you do let us through, we will tell you some useful information about your teammates... that's if you care enough."

Setsuna's chest constricted fiercely at the mention of her team, although her expression remained the same. She decided to hear the boy out and then choose what her course of action would be when she had all the information; she was almost sure that she wouldn't go to their aid as she had herself to look after first and foremost.